Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-07-2014, 09:31 AM
Planar Protector

Default Special Thank you

This morning, as i sipped my coffee and charm kited mobs around it occurred to me...I really love EQ.

Thank you to Rogean and Nilbog and the other devs and supporters who have made p99 possible.

When p99 started up I was so certain it was a great idea that I figured there would be other projects to launch classicEQ (and there have been, but they all are horrible or never launched) and that even Sony might be so convinced to start up a classic server of their own.

Bottom line is that the only ones who can pull this off are the p99 team. If they pulled the plug tomorrow there would be no other place to play classic EQ anywhere. Thank you all for putting up with all the crap, we really do appreciate it.

See you in the matrix.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-07-2014, 09:41 AM
Aviak

If they pulled the plug tomorrow I would go back to wandering various game worlds trying to fill a void. There's no E-world endowed enough to fill my void without P99.

Thanks guys.
Old 12-07-2014, 09:42 AM
Kobold

I'm honestly not sure what I would do if they pulled the plug tomorrow.

I'd have to think really long and hard to going back to subscription based MMOs, the only thing I play right now is Guild Wars 2.
Old 12-07-2014, 09:43 AM
Planar Protector

Arguably P99 is way more classic than any of SOE's attempts at their progression servers, we're truly blessed to have it to play <3
Old 12-07-2014, 12:28 PM
Sarnak

Aye. Thanks for the fun. I've been here for 5 years now and it hasn't lost its charm in the least.
Old 12-07-2014, 12:55 PM
Aviak

Aye! Thanks!!
Old 12-07-2014, 04:58 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Arguably P99 is way more classic than any of SOE's attempts at their progression servers, we're truly blessed to have it to play <3
Psh, that's not arguable, it's pure fact.
Old 12-07-2014, 05:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esheon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Psh, that's not arguable, it's pure fact.
Old 12-07-2014, 05:45 PM
Fire Giant

Agreed. I think it's funny though that there are all these people organizing twink-free parties because the server's starting to feel less and less classic. Still better than anything else out there but still #wipeitclean2015
Old 12-07-2014, 06:22 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conscript [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm honestly not sure what I would do if they pulled the plug tomorrow.

I'd have to think really long and hard to going back to subscription based MMOs, the only thing I play right now is Guild Wars 2.
P99 is truly a wonderful thing... I even enjoy it a little more than real classic back in the day (maybe since I'm not in 8th grade anymore?).

If they pulled the plug, I'd probably go back to Sony's EQ and just make the best of it. Especially since it's free as well for the most part. Except that ToV raid quality gear dropping off of orc centurions is kind of a buzzkill.
Last edited by Faiding; 12-07-2014 at 06:25 PM..
Closed Thread