Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2015, 05:12 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Question How to speed up levelling?

Okay, so I am a level 4 human monk in Freeport, and so far I'm doing nothing but grinding mobs outside of the town. It's netting good results so far, but it is incredibly slow. Are there no low-level quests I could be doing, some other zone I could grind in, etcetera; that I should be aware of? Because I am going at a turtle's pace at the moment.
Old 01-08-2015, 05:27 AM
Aviak

Crushbone Belts and Bone Chips should give decent xp at low levels, but for the most part grinding is the way to level.

You could move to EC and look for a group at Orc 1. Same with Cutthroat camps in North Ro. The Per-Level Hunting Guide might be helpful to you.
Old 01-08-2015, 05:49 AM
Fire Giant

Get high enough to be viable for groups (6-8ish for the lowest CB groups, 9-11ish for commons orc groups) and just grind it out that way. It takes a bit longer because the XP is being divided, however the tedium is broken up and it's just a hell of a lot easier being able to rely on others for aid.
Old 01-08-2015, 10:34 AM
Planar Protector

You could head to GFay for some action at Orc Hill, then head into CB after that. EC is terribad for leveling even with buffs from tunnel because there are only so many mobs of the appropriate level and often a dozen other players doing the same thing.
Old 01-08-2015, 12:18 PM
Planar Protector

Heading to the EC tunnel and getting some damn good buffs is a pretty good way to get to level 10 in EC. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-08-2015, 12:48 PM
Orc

Join Red and get the +290% Bonus Experience from a full group [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-08-2015, 04:52 PM
Planar Protector

Sell everything*, invest in a decent ratio weapon (purchased from a player in east commons) and start grouping in greater faydark/crushbone to kill orcs. Save centurion belts and legionnaire shoulder pads to turn in in kaladim.

* you may elect to keep bone chips you've farmed to hand in in kaladim. If not, sell them to players. Note, when doing quests don't do hand ins at too low a level or you won't get the full xp reward. I think you get the max xp per hand in from bone chips starting from lvl 9 or something. I don't know what it is for CB belts/pads (I save them all up til I am finished with CB, hand them all in to kaladim then consider hitting unrest).
Old 01-08-2015, 04:54 PM
Planar Protector

you will eventually getting used to playing 5 hours to get 1 level
Old 01-08-2015, 04:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raisen223 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Okay, so I am a level 4 human monk in Freeport, and so far I'm doing nothing but grinding mobs outside of the town. It's netting good results so far, but it is incredibly slow. Are there no low-level quests I could be doing, some other zone I could grind in, etcetera; that I should be aware of? Because I am going at a turtle's pace at the moment.

lolololol

Welcome to the 16 year old elf simulator. This is how it used to be, friend. Suffer.
Old 01-08-2015, 04:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
you will eventually getting used to playing 5 hours to get 1 level
Wait till he hits the first hell level....