Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Old 04-08-2022, 09:22 AM
Large Rat

Default Trying to return

I have what I'm sure is a really stupid question, so I'll apologize in advance for the stupidity but would still appreciate some feedback.

I'm attempting to come back after an 8? year absence. Obviously I have my forum login information, but when I click on Loginserver Accounts it states: "you have no accounts". Does this imply that any accounts that I had from 2014 have been wiped? I'm still working on getting the game, so I haven't been able to try logging in yet, but am just trying to get a grasp of the process. I've read the Getting Started guide, but guess I still have some gaps.

Thanks for any help.
Old 04-08-2022, 10:03 AM
Planar Protector

They haven't wiped any accounts. Is it possible you aren't using the same account you used 8 years ago?
Old 04-08-2022, 10:27 AM
Large Rat

Thanks eqravenprince for the non-wipe confirmation. I suppose it's a possibility I'm using a different account...8 years is a long time. Lots of memory gaps.

Am I correct in assuming that any Loginserver Accounts would just be listed after I click on the link located on the left side of the homepage?

Thanks.
Old 04-08-2022, 10:28 AM
Aviak

i had a similar confusion when my wife and i returned recently. It was probably 8 years for us too. We started and didnt stick around long as eq was still too recent for us.

Back then the P99 forum account, and the eqemu accounts were totally separate. you registered for each individually and there was no linking. the log in server section was a more recent addition so it wont show your emu account linked there though i think you can still use that section to create a new one.

in our case i couldnt remember what our emu log ins were so we just established entirely new forum and log in server accounts
Old 04-08-2022, 10:51 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valimar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks eqravenprince for the non-wipe confirmation. I suppose it's a possibility I'm using a different account...8 years is a long time. Lots of memory gaps.

Am I correct in assuming that any Loginserver Accounts would just be listed after I click on the link located on the left side of the homepage?

Thanks.
Yep
Old 04-08-2022, 11:02 AM
Planar Protector

My account was still there. My lowbie Blue characters were gone but the account was still there.
Old 04-08-2022, 11:21 AM
Large Rat

Sounds like I should try to dredge up my EQemu account info as well. Maybe logging into that will jar some of these dusty memories loose.
Old 04-08-2022, 02:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSparkle001 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My account was still there. My lowbie Blue characters were gone but the account was still there.
they did something of a low level character purge before green was released to free up names. you can petition to get those characters back who were deleted but you might have to give them a new name.
Old 04-08-2022, 03:00 PM
Planar Protector

Nah I don't even remember who they were and don't think they had anything significant. Most of my time was on Red back then. I do have a 27 Erudite necro on Blue but he's basically un-geared and I've done the necro thing to death (pun only slightly intended).