Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 01-21-2024, 11:09 PM
Large Rat

Default Hotel ISP Login Issues?

So i read that some people seem to have issues finding the servers on the log in screen if they are using a hotel connection.

Why is this? I can hit every single other game, website, etc using this hotel connection but with P99 it's janky as hell. What is so different about P99?
Old 01-22-2024, 05:31 AM
Planar Protector

UDP
Old 01-22-2024, 07:42 AM
Large Rat

wtf does UDP even mean?
Old 01-22-2024, 08:31 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korach [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
wtf does UDP even mean?
It's not TCP like the majority of the internet:

https://www.pcgamer.com/breaking-the...ed-everything/

Use a VPN or your hotspot if the hotel is blocking UDP / non standard port ranges.

-Mcoy
Old 01-23-2024, 01:45 AM
Large Rat

I've tried VPN, I've tried hotspot. No difference/same results. And again, I can log in 4 Eve Online accounts simultaneously, WoW, Warhammer private server with no issues. P99? 45 minutes to get logged in only to get disconnected on first zone line I cross.
Old 01-23-2024, 08:15 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korach [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've tried VPN, I've tried hotspot. No difference/same results. And again, I can log in 4 Eve Online accounts simultaneously, WoW, Warhammer private server with no issues. P99? 45 minutes to get logged in only to get disconnected on first zone line I cross.
If you crash on zoning/camping try setting compatibility mode on eqgame.exe to xp sp2 or sp3.

Other games don't matter - they're TCP so packets are resent if they're not acknowledged. EQ doesn't do that - they figure the missed packets aren't "important" because mostly it's positional data. It's from an era where we were all on dial-up. I started playing with a 33.6 and the upgrade to 56k was amazing. A whole mp3 in under 10 minutes!

-Mcoy