Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 10-31-2020, 07:09 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bristlebaner [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Good work team.
Old 11-01-2020, 01:10 PM
Kobold

Seriously stop trying to nerf shit 10 years later. The server isn't already classic so why continue this witch hunt.
Old 11-01-2020, 01:11 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've seen a few complaints about players charming merchants, and a few responses to those complaints that nobody remembers merchants being charmed back in the day.

I have found a couple of pieces of evidence that support the argument that merchants should not be able to be charmed, certainly by Velious at the very least.

The first piece of evidence I found was in the official patch notes:

The above describes a bug that made all of Kael's NPCs uncharmable, it is noted merchants remain uncharmable after the fix. To me this implies merchants were not able to be charmed before this bug took place, and also generally across all of Norrath.

I have found collaborating evidence which suggest it is not exclusively the Kael merchants which are uncharmable, indeed it is a broader restriction:

https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/...05886580282145

Individually these comments might be too circumstantial ("perhaps it was only Kael merchants that could not be charmed" and "the post is a year or so outside our timeframe"), but put together these quotes strongly suggest merchants should not be charmable at some point in our timeline, if not throughout.
Who is complaining? no one is complaining, you site evidence but have none yourself. Stop making things a problem when there isn't any. No one cares if a merchant is charmed for one kill.
Old 11-01-2020, 01:12 PM
Kobold

You obviously dont understand what charm means.. anything over level 53 can't be charmed with a long duration charm spell. So stop screwing with the server.
Closed Thread