Less than 100$, I live in a trailer and only eat hot pockets 44 16.86%
I do not wish to donate and I do not want these shitty expansions 86 32.95%
Trump coughed on // 21 8.05%
Voters: 261. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-25-2020, 03:17 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by busted [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Modest proposal:

How to have Luclin and not ruin the community aspect of EQ.

- Disable bazaar merchanting
- Disable the 4 nexus ports
- (maybe) remove horses
- (optional) Disable new models. This can be controlled individually by players

Same idea for PoP

- Disable Plane of Knowledge books.

This would mean everyone would still need porters and continue to do manual tunnel quest to sell their goods.

Additionally, the bazaar PVP increases community aspects of EQ. PVP in the bazaar was super fun.

If players do not want to participate in Luclin, they can stay in the Velious and lower zones.
What about just opening up a handful of zones from pop and luclin but otherwise keeping the level cap the same.

Because if Paludal caverns are introduced, you can say goodbye to all other newb zones.
Old 11-25-2020, 02:37 PM
Banned

At this point, I'm sure we'd take anything...

Veksar?
Old 11-25-2020, 02:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by SantagarBrax [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Veksar?
Interesting and it fits for the era but who's going to develop it for P1999? Of late developer manhours have looked like a limited commodity.
Old 11-25-2020, 03:26 PM
Planar Protector

Cazic Thule revamp is way closer to being in era than Veksar and much more compelling content for max level Blue characters.

Custom content offering a portal to the revamped Cazic Thule after slaying CT in PoFear would be cool for blue. That zone is extremely difficult since nothing is charmable or pacifiable and clerics CH through walls at many camps.

The gear would be extremely desirable and the tradeskills offered from the zone would reward those who actually skilled on P99 when there was little point to do so.

But really, just a release of Luclin+PoP would be superior to any custom content cause those were some of EQ's best expansions. OoW/DoDH/TSS/UF get some honorable mentions.
Old 11-25-2020, 03:37 PM
Kobold

no thx we dont want the crap here
Old 11-25-2020, 03:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Cazic Thule revamp is way closer to being in era than Veksar
Only if you slave yourself to the limited notion of re-creating EQ's historic post-velious progression. Free yourself from that needless limitation--we're talking custom content, after all--and Veksar represents another Kunark zone that could be populated and tuned for whatever purpose, without having to sacrifice an existing zone. It even physically looks relatively appropriate for the era, unlike many later-expansion zones that were built and textured using newer technology. P1999 as-is is also fine, but if custom content is ever added it is preferable that it's added in new zones without destroying existing content.

-----------------------------------------------

I like the notion of a one-way character portal to Luclin or beyond, with no return permitted. Doesn't even have to be on the same server for that matter, just arrange something for players to have a one-time copy of their P99 characters to a Luclin/Planes server, at the cost of deleting that character from P99's database. P1999 could use a character sink of that nature.

Danth
Old 11-25-2020, 04:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by nostalgiaquest [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
$3.50
Tree-Fiddy.
Old 11-25-2020, 05:05 PM
Aviak

Default CT revamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Cazic Thule revamp is way closer to being in era than Veksar and much more compelling content for max level Blue characters.

Custom content offering a portal to the revamped Cazic Thule after slaying CT in PoFear would be cool for blue. That zone is extremely difficult since nothing is charmable or pacifiable and clerics CH through walls at many camps.

The gear would be extremely desirable and the tradeskills offered from the zone would reward those who actually skilled on P99 when there was little point to do so.

But really, just a release of Luclin+PoP would be superior to any custom content cause those were some of EQ's best expansions. OoW/DoDH/TSS/UF get some honorable mentions.
Sounds great to me! I loved that zone after revamp.
Old 11-30-2020, 10:03 PM
Planar Protector

Another piece of content that needs to come to P99 blue is the Shawl 8 Quest.

It would provide a decent mini-raid event for players. Provide solid use for leveling tradeskills and obtaining the Shawl 7. Plus it would provide an opportunity for players to spawn a Dain Frostreaver for their guild once by doing Shawls 1-7.

Would be a great change to the BiS shoulder slot for all casters/priests.
Old 12-01-2020, 01:08 AM
Sarnak

I was not a huge fan of Luclin, but I really liked POP. The new zones and raid content made playing a lot of fun. Without AA's there is no reason to grind past 60 and the raid scene on blue was so toxic that it was best to just stay away.

I would join a raid capable guild and give a monthly donation to have PoP here on any server. But I know that it will never happen.
Gavallin Wood Elf Ranger lvl 23 (blue)
Jardahni Human Monk lvl 2 (green)
Closed Thread