Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-24-2020, 03:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah I think it's important to remember that if you die with money on green, like IRL you cant take it with it, so blow it on the items you want now I reckon.
That doesn't help when stuff is literally ten times more expensive than it will be in three months. Buying any new Kunark shiny toys right now just feels absurd. I'm all for spending your plat on gear rather than just hoarding money for the sake of it, but that doesn't mean I want to waste what little I have either.
Old 11-24-2020, 04:23 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shac [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
or because they are all poor and actually need the cheapo prices
This is the correct answer. (the blue prices thing is also a large factor)

The Green economy has always been fucked since the beginning. It started in the fall with Nub Team gouging their own guildies on necessary ~~~rAiD~~~ clickies and top drops. Mith 2handers were selling in the 20k range and up, root nets went for 2k for a very long time, a price NEVER reached on Blue -ever-

As the ~~~rAiD sCeNe~~~ escalated, there were tons of people funneled into these guilds and awarded DKP. For many WoW players and other players from other MMOs this seemed like the logical choice/progression. Most people for the lifetime of Green invested in DKP instead of plat. There are a few people who are plat farmers who ended up with piles and piles of plat. Fat cats pay top dollar for nothing Everyone else is either relatively broke or absolutely effing broke.

On Blue "everyone getting DKP" was not "a thing" at all whatsoever. DKP was not a currency to invest in. Items and plat were.

Enter Kunark where now most guilds are doing a Kunark-wide loot for DKP bid situation. This is to make members feel like their funny money accumulated over Classic is actually worth something because there are so many mouths to feed that its mathematically impossible for every single member of even the ~~~tOp gUiLd~~~ to get a piece of loot from a Kunark dragon.

How the hell do you think a Blade of the Black Dragon Eye is for sale? Absolute and total Kingdumb DKP cashout. I don't necessarily have a problem with it, these are simply facts.

Everyone invested in DKP instead of plat. With guild-wide DKP bids on every single Kunark item dropped, why spend plat? DKP is "free" right?

You can get great drops right now that are excellent upgrades and people balk at spending thousands of plat. Why? Because everyone has DKP stocked up and they have crabs in their pockets (Greek saying lol)

OP is absolutely correct. The economy is indeed stale.

Its not because everyone is out leveling. People out leveling need upgrades. They actually can't afford upgrades and they roll deep to make sure mobs die. People are seeking camps where they can roll on the upgrades they need and win them "for free" or they can spend DKP on items.

The economy doesn't feel stale. It -is- stale.

<The A-Team>
Old 11-24-2020, 04:55 PM
Fire Giant

Dang dude that was a great insight into Green. It makes all the weird DKP stuff I've seen make sense now.

[ Kurrat - Arch Mage ]
[ Kurrate - Crusader ]
<Legacy of Fire>

Old 11-24-2020, 05:09 PM
Kobold

atm prices are too high. People want to sell new exciting Kunark items for ludicrous prices.
I expect some serious price drops within the next weeks, because people have to put price tags on item to actually sell. And at that point, we'll see some actual amount of transactions and competition going....expected gold rush will soon meet reality.

You seen any WTBs? Barely....people just waiting for prices they can afford. Plat on green is worth much more than it is on blue.
<Aanelenye> lvl 43 Paladin
<Vaalyun> lvl 48 Wizard
Blue chars: retired

Last edited by Exard3k; 11-24-2020 at 05:12 PM..
Old 11-24-2020, 05:14 PM
Sarnak

Why spend many times more for an item than the item's eventual price? For most normal, functioning human beings with real life obligations, making tens or hundreds of thousands of plat is difficult. Why spend your hard earned money on stuff that will plummet in value within a few short months? It just isn't a logical calculation for most people to spend... what, 10k for a Lammy? 1500 for a GJB? I mean, get real.

We have a good idea of what prices on many items will eventually be. If outliers want to spend out the yeeng-yang for ShInY KuNArK items that Blue regards as budget twink junk, let them. For everyone else, patience is a virtue.
Last edited by Soothsayer; 11-24-2020 at 05:25 PM..
Old 11-24-2020, 05:28 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soothsayer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why spend many times more for an item than the item's eventual price? For most normal, functioning human beings with real life obligations, making tens or hundreds of thousands of plat is difficult. Why spend your hard earned money on stuff that will plummet in value within a few short months? It just isn't a logical calculation for most people to spend... what, 10k for a Lammy? 1500 for a GJB? I mean, get real.
Precisely this. This is the state of the Green economy.

I am willing to move items for what the economy will bear. I have some great items for sale. Post Adamantite Club on EC forums with make an offer? Crickets. Post Mrylokar's Vambraces? Crickets on forums, someone in EC offered me pretty much the equivalent of pocket lint and shoe string in trade.

People can get top items with DKP or at intra-guild auctions where they sell for fire sale prices. There's also so many guild groups going that people will go to camps where they can just roll on drops.

Rich people will always buy yachts. Fat cats will always buy TStaffs and Fungis.

There is no upper-middle to low tier market at all. People can't afford to make a fair offer on very good items and they can't even afford low-tier items. I sold a Lamentation very early for 7k, dude made a decent offer and I moved it. It is absolutely worth that much money. Addy clubs are absolutely worth 5 digits and they won't go much lower than that on Green. According to Blue wiki they still sell for 4k after years upon years of plat inflation as well as Velious gear being available.

Also, in "a few short months" these items actually won't plummet in value appreciably and..."in a few short months"...Velious will be out.

Soothsayer isn't "wrong" at all. In fact, what he said is precisely what I just posted. For many players, thousands of plat is a lot of fucking money. Especially when they spent all their time in this game investing in DKP instead of plat.

<The A-Team>
Last edited by Tuljin; 11-24-2020 at 05:41 PM..
Old 11-24-2020, 05:44 PM
Banned

its a non pvp server, you can level to 60 in cloth armor

Bet if you had a FBSS people would pay well for it

Sorry you lost at farming loot
Old 11-24-2020, 07:50 PM
Fire Giant

People wanting 20k for CoS, an "uncommon" drop from a multi-spawn not-terribly-rare mob that barely counts as a legacy item, is one of those eyeroll aspects of Green's economy. I'm sure the price will go down as the necro/SK mains get theirs, but just trying to get 20k for something that's more common than Gatorscale Leggings is just pure cringe. Has anyone even bought one for that price?
Old 11-24-2020, 08:08 PM
Banned

so dont buy it and price will level out, its new and exciting and virgins want to be the first nerd with XX item

if you dont like it dont play, stop complaining and camp your own gatorscale legs
Old 11-24-2020, 08:40 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuljin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Precisely this. This is the state of the Green economy.

I am willing to move items for what the economy will bear. I have some great items for sale. Post Adamantite Club on EC forums with make an offer? Crickets. Post Mrylokar's Vambraces? Crickets on forums, someone in EC offered me pretty much the equivalent of pocket lint and shoe string in trade.

People can get top items with DKP or at intra-guild auctions where they sell for fire sale prices. There's also so many guild groups going that people will go to camps where they can just roll on drops.

Rich people will always buy yachts. Fat cats will always buy TStaffs and Fungis.

There is no upper-middle to low tier market at all. People can't afford to make a fair offer on very good items and they can't even afford low-tier items. I sold a Lamentation very early for 7k, dude made a decent offer and I moved it. It is absolutely worth that much money. Addy clubs are absolutely worth 5 digits and they won't go much lower than that on Green. According to Blue wiki they still sell for 4k after years upon years of plat inflation as well as Velious gear being available.

Also, in "a few short months" these items actually won't plummet in value appreciably and..."in a few short months"...Velious will be out.

Soothsayer isn't "wrong" at all. In fact, what he said is precisely what I just posted. For many players, thousands of plat is a lot of fucking money. Especially when they spent all their time in this game investing in DKP instead of plat.
I go to guild camps on my main in seb, kc and wherever else and sell the good loot I win with /rand on my mule. Only way for me to be able to get top tier gear when there's people in my guild with hundreds and hundreds of dkp that I can't get unless I decide to play 20 hours a day.
Closed Thread