Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 11-26-2020, 11:07 PM
Planar Protector

Have we learned nothing from Blue99? Remove the top raiding guild and another guild will take it's place. With all the vitriol and pixelgreed eventually making their decisions for them.

Nuggie / Celelilly / Zackattacker - not guilded <TAKP>
RETIRED Nuggiemag - <Sodden Seakings> formerly Ironborn

Nuggie - Undead Mage on Old Blanchy (Classic WoW)
RETIRED - Nuggie / Celelilly / Conavar - <Omni> formerly <Vesica Dei> P99
Duggie/Wuggie <Mythic Legends> EQ1-Lanys

On to the Future in Pantheon
Old 11-27-2020, 12:10 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagoya [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My idea was not to punish them, but to leave the current server clean for everyone else.

Honestly, send them full equipped i don't care

They can have that sweet sweet competitive everquest.
No one telling them how to play the game.
No more stupid rules to follow.
They are kings now, rulers of their new world for them to conquer unhinged.

For everyone else, just the boring blue99/green99, same as usual u_u with the pixel sharing and all, forever stuck in our own hellscape with all the other cucks.

But for the love of god, let these alpha males roam free through Norrath to wreck all the dragons and loot all the epic stuff and build their awesome BiS min-maxed superman that everyone can bow to.

Unchain the greatest players!
Unroot the poopsockers!
Did you ever consider that this is the only competitive EQ left, and there is 50+ other servers available to you if you want rotations and drafts and whatever else shit you guys come up with to avoid logging on when a batphone goes out, and doing your job on a prepared character?
Old 11-27-2020, 12:35 AM
Fire Giant

de what? i don't raid on p99 lol. i'm just worried for the GM's sanity and free time. i couldn't care less about dragon pixels. however i always cringe and die a little inside when i hear about all the stupid stories of cheating and crywolfing and training and lawyerquesting etc. of the "raid scene". it's kinda fun to watch from afar, but it's also pathetic and the staff doesn't owe any of these manchildren to babysit them.

so my conclusion is the same as yours really: this is the only competitive EQ left, let them have it! just don't take part in it. at all. free for all free style ruleless EQ. for those who couldn't follow the rules in the first place. the staff shouldn't have the time for that shit. then maybe they'd have time to take care of what they like and wanted to do? make some custom content, finish the code, organize GM events? idk. but i am pretty confident that they didn't start the project to babysit a bunch of lying cunts every weekends.

so i'm just suggesting that when a player (not a guild, a person) is outright lying, cheating, abusing the system and wasting the staff's time and jeopardizing the whole server's integrity boom, /movecharacter australia and good luck have fun bro. then you perma ignore the fucker and sayonara.

but maybe the others are right and they will be replaced immediately by the next in line. but i can't imagine that the toxic playerbase is endless, at some point you'd have filtered most of it i hope. and maybe the australia server is even fun and thriving who knows. good for them if that's the case. if not they have no one left to cry to.
Old 11-27-2020, 12:45 AM
Fire Giant

The GM's purposefully and with intent make the server how it is.

They were told spawn camping would happen. Encouraged it.

They were told first in force/15 man would lead to poopsocking. They went with it.

They were told C/R/FFA would just lead to R guilds exploiting content and FFA slots just being default C slots. They went for it.

They were told zoneline pulls would disrupt and shit on the zones.

They were told rooting mobs would cause massive zergs and total chaos.

They let skyfire AE go on for a year.

They let chardok AE go on for 2 years.

Imagine if the GM's and staff wanted less headaches, they would design a sandpit for people to play that does not require their time and instead just forces people to cooperate.

Instead of speaking for them like they're some helpless little children with this situation thrust upon them, you could come to the conclusion they themselves built this situation to be able to exert control over people. Tomorrow they could resolve almost all the issues by any number of means and changes. They choose to keep the ruleset the same and thus force the players to push the boundaries to the limits for any competitive edge.

Training excluded, that's stupid.
Old 11-27-2020, 01:04 AM
Fire Giant

these are probably fair points that a filthy casual like myself can't fully comprehend.
i also understand there is probably money involved here and there.
wasn't there even booby showing for spawn timers or something at some point? (idc honestly no response necessary)
anyway. i'm pretty sure i don't know the full picture.
maybe i just wish the GMs would use their time for something else xD
you're right that i was "speaking for them" tho - i remove that. sorry.
i'm just speaking for me now: i wish the server would move forward something better than just babysitting the "raid scene". in part because i'm not part of it at all. in part because i feel it is a bit pathetic, but that is not for me to decide indeed i guess.
thx for the hindsight bro.