Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-24-2019, 03:22 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wenai [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I made the drop tables 10 years ago. Yes, there is 10 years for changes to potentially take effect, but the likelihood is very very low that anyone would have ever touched those tables. I still have all of the original data that went into the DB from 10 years ago. I just can’t see this working for 10 years, and suddenly on green launch it is suddenly broken. It is so incredibly unlikely. If someone did make changes, that sucks; I just highly highly doubt it.

I am also pretty sure you have no idea how statistics work because you are talking about such incredibly small sample sizes and declaring them as fact, it’s pretty hilarious.
What is the drop rate for the jboots do you know if that got monkeyed with?
Old 11-24-2019, 03:55 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by zillabunny [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What is the drop rate for the jboots do you know if that got monkeyed with?
I think they tweaked some drop rates for certain items to compensate for them being perma camped and maybe other reasons. Evidence is pretty much anecdotal, as usual.
Old 11-27-2019, 09:11 AM
Orc

I plan to use both combines and practice points to skillup.
Combines when I don't need the spell(when i already have it, or have multiple attempts).
Practice points when I need the next combine to not fail, i do not have the spell and it is an important spell.

My guild have this neat guildbank system, where we turn in the finished spells and research components we don't need(including those for other caster-classes).
In turn we can ask the guildbank for specific spells and components for free. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Firepuff; 11-27-2019 at 09:13 AM..
Old 11-27-2019, 10:50 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wenai [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I haven’t seen the drop tables in about 8 years, but the likelihood they have changed is pretty low. Project 1999 has been running for 10 years without people complaining about drops rates. You are (potentially) spreading such misinformation it is gross. I have been seeing lots of people selling research components in auction in the zones I am leveling in, including magician pet research. You guys just think that you should be able to kill 4 mobs and get your 4 specific research pieces immediately. The reality is that research is set up so that ALL research classes have their components dropping. You need to be trading/selling with your fellow casters. Most people are adapting. Why aren’t you?

This entire bottleneck of research components is bound to happen at a server launch. You have a massive amount of people all trying to get a few random drops at the same time. They are gonna be snatched up at vendors, snatched up in auction. People are going to hoard them even if they don’t need them. Hell there are 10 other classes that are more likely to let them rot, or even destroy them because it doesn’t pertain to their class. You need to (god have mercy) make friends and be loud. Make it known you are looking for and paying for these pieces. Stop complaining on the forums about something that is very unlikely to be broken. this has been implemented, functional, and working for 10 years. I very much doubt that someone went in and screwed magicians randomly in the days leading up to the lunch by removing magician research pieces.

Granted apparently some vendor pets were removed and there was no recipes for those pets removed which created an unfortunate bottleneck given the magician research mechanic.

A simple check of auction prices should give you an idea of supply and demand.
Old 11-27-2019, 10:50 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
I made the drop tables 10 years ago. Yes, there is 10 years for changes to potentially take effect, but the likelihood is very very low that anyone would have ever touched those tables. I still have all of the original data that went into the DB from 10 years ago. I just can’t see this working for 10 years, and suddenly on green launch it is suddenly broken. It is so incredibly unlikely. If someone did make changes, that sucks; I just highly highly doubt it.

I am also pretty sure you have no idea how statistics work because you are talking about such incredibly small sample sizes and declaring them as fact, it’s pretty hilarious.
Almost as hilarious as assuming something you think you remember from 10 years ago is still valid, given that mage pets aren't on vendors now, right?

As the devs would say "show some proof".
Old 11-27-2019, 10:58 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by korilla [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i've heard conflicting reports. those who said yes though didn't confirm by experience.
The answer is yes, and I can confirm by experience on P99. You can gain skill from a non-trivial research combine. If you had a big surplus of research components for non-trivial combines, you could totally use it to boost your skill.

However, due to the way research skill caps work, you could only use this to catch your research skill up if you fell behind on practicing it. Since we get research at 16 and it's capped at (level-15)*5, spells for one's current level will require higher research skill than one can possibly have.

As a result, if you're level 20 and doing level 20 research combines, you won't get skillups because the skill cap is too low; whereas if you are level 30 or something and you haven't bothered to raise Research skill, you could do level 20 and 24 combines for skillups. Probably not level 29 spells, though. Perhaps this is the source of the confusion regarding raising research skill via combines. It IS possible, but the skill cap messes you up.

The bottom line is, if you're level 20 and you want a level 20 spell, you should have it made by a much higher-level player with high research skill.

And if you're raising Research skill, for the sake of your own sanity, you'll probably want to dump points into it at your trainer. Research can be raised as high as you like at the trainer, as it is not subject to the 21-point limit placed on normal tradeskills.

Help this hopes?
Last edited by Videri; 11-27-2019 at 11:02 AM..
Closed Thread