Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2020, 05:12 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspomwell [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nope. I use nparse for spell timers. Enveloping root breaks within 6 seconds of the timer expiring (when the tick occurs) every time (assuming it dosen't break early).

I did an experiment on the corrupt qeynos guards in WK. The 24 root broke within 2 ticks 8 times in a row. Sure, maybe a bad streak of RNG, but it sure didn't feel that way. The 39 root lasted the whole minute.
Might want to check your spells there Chief. Grasping roots is the level 5 spell I was referring to being resisted more often. Enveloping roots is the 39 spell that felt longer than a minute (I did say I never timed it)
Last edited by sacman08; 04-28-2020 at 05:19 PM.. Reason: Add info
Old 04-29-2020, 01:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trivonus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is it solely because of the cast time!?!
Yes solely. I always have Enveloping (39) in slot 1 and Engulfing (49) in slot 2. I open up with Engulfing because I don't care about the 2.5 sec cast time. But if I'm trying to control a group I'll root any after the first with the 1.8 sec Enveloping. Also if root breaks the difference in casting time can be crucial if you want to avoid getting hit before re-rooting. Especially in underwater environments where every hit will push you back so far it's a guaranteed interrupt. 1.8 secs and you can time your cast between their swings.

Having the quick root saved me many times when I needed to park 5 frogloks so I could gate out.
Last edited by BlackBellamy; 04-29-2020 at 01:19 PM..
Old 04-29-2020, 01:19 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacman08 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Might want to check your spells there Chief. Grasping roots is the level 5 spell I was referring to being resisted more often. Enveloping roots is the 39 spell that felt longer than a minute (I did say I never timed it)
No need to check my spells, 'chief'. I was confirming the length of the spell, as well as adding my own observations on lower level spells being resisted.

Zipps - 51 HLF Druid <Castle>
Lykosor - 49 DE Necro <Castle>
Aspom - 12 HEF Ranger <Castle>
Slyng - 31 HEF Bard <Castle>
Flecrad - 21 DE Enchanter <Castle>
Lykos - 43 HIE Mage <Castle>
Ribkage - 17 GNM Boneknight <Castle>
Closed Thread