View Poll Results: Reopen Teal?
Yes 662 72.27%
No 254 27.73%
Voters: 916. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-05-2020, 01:27 AM
Planar Protector

383 and counting...

/lists are over. Hate hype gonna fade in time. Then, camps/exp spots gonna fill up FAST.

How many votes do we need to get a response from Devs?
Old 05-05-2020, 01:33 PM
Planar Protector

Romaine plz gib teal.
Old 05-05-2020, 09:17 PM
Banned

they wont re open the server it will just bomb when all the kids go back to college
Old 05-05-2020, 09:28 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsham [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
they wont re open the server it will just bomb when all the kids go back to college
So... March?

Find me Monday, Wednesday and Friday @ https://www.twitch.tv/elhefe
Old 05-05-2020, 09:58 PM
Planar Protector

If anything the most "unclassic" part is the amount of level 50's we have already. Rather than reopening Teal a retroactive xp nerf should be put in place so anyone max 50 is instead max 29 instead. We're what, 7 months in? It's been a while but I'm pretty sure I was still thinking about what my surname would be when I hit 20 on my first char that was spawned in April of '99. If only I had known jumping would make me run faster - would probably have been level 30 by then...

-Mcoy
Old 05-06-2020, 12:22 AM
Planar Protector

Feel like this thread can be moved to RnF now
Old 05-06-2020, 06:36 AM
Fire Giant

Mcoy you fail 2 realize how many gamers across servers will max 50 way faster then you, just because your personal exp was different don't try and fix others to be the same. Me personally I was 49 right at the fear release on live with a shmmy. And I shared an account with my brother who leveled a human mage to 29ish then stopped(bc mages sucked) and rerolled Troll SK, even by fear he was 35. Me and my older brother played a lot even sharing an account our account was always on 24/7 we just didnt play each other toons.
Mama Vinelsier Lepermesiah Server 1st 60 Grave Lord(And only The Grave Lord)//Resilak 50 Monk//Tenchi Masaki 50 Wizard//Jaskieer 48 Bard// Heeheehee Teeheehee 57 Mage// Belll Cranel 50 Monkdrackgon 54 rogue, Cuddlezzz 60 shaman
RIP<Gathered Might>
Old 05-06-2020, 11:31 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by drackgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Mcoy you fail 2 realize how many gamers across servers will max 50 way faster then you, just because your personal exp was different don't try and fix others to be the same. Me personally I was 49 right at the fear release on live with a shmmy. And I shared an account with my brother who leveled a human mage to 29ish then stopped(bc mages sucked) and rerolled Troll SK, even by fear he was 35. Me and my older brother played a lot even sharing an account our account was always on 24/7 we just didnt play each other toons.
Yeah I mean there were definitely tons of 50s on live by Kunark release. People were complaining everywhere about needing more content because they had gone through everything and maxed out their chars. I’m sure P99 has more than live did, but I don’t think it’s by some drastic margin.

People who cite how long it took them to get to 50 would of course not realized how top heavy their server was pre-Kunark (and how far before Kunark that problem arose) because they took a long time to get to the higher levels so they weren’t even personally experiencing the situation for most of the pre-Kunark days.

The solution here isn’t to ask for Teal (essentially instancing in another name), it’s to consider whether the staff should reopen Kunark maybe a month or two earlier than planned (certainly the EQ devs would have opened it as soon as they could).
Old 05-06-2020, 11:38 AM
Planar Protector

If pantheon gets launched I wonder if the die hards from here will bleed over to there?

I imagine the 1st EQ players to attain greatness were all unemployed and retired and sat around playing tabletop and MUDs and had max lvl everything gemstone characters botted x500 before EQ lunched.

The sad thing is people don't really have an RP environment, and aren't encouraged to RP. Botting and automation is generally 'looked passed' especially in the pay to play environment where the companies believe they will lose all their subscriptions etc... lot of fear in the community.

Really all we need is two or 3 good clean boxes with heavily RP rules sets a few dedicated neckbeards with GM powers to just nuke anyone suspicious or unworthy. Screw machine detection, you got to use people and give them room to make mistakes, be a bit kingqueenpinish, nothing replaces human eyes or feelings.

Then they will all migrate back to PEQ the grand creation and RoZ where they can raid with 500 super crays while they down their cheetohs and talk about red99 via IRC
Last edited by magnetaress; 05-06-2020 at 11:41 AM..
Old 05-06-2020, 02:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Feel like this thread can be moved to RnF now
Says the man voting "no", wanting to get the almost 400 YES's buried in RnF-land.

At 400 YES's I'm gonna ping @Rogean on Discord for an official response - but not until then.

Who wants to be #400?
Closed Thread