Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2020, 02:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thGate [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

IIRC, Skelly form from Amulet of Necropotence helps a lot for this grind. When we got one in ALS, it was a very large change in the number of turnins necessary for a wood elf to get there, and I think it also enabled our Iksar to do the turnins to grind the faction. If you can find someone who will be willing to give you clicks from one, it might allow for you to do the turnins and decrease the number you need to do significantly, though I don't know if its possible if you've damaged VS faction.
BRB saving up 200k to save money on a string click.

The DE mask does improve faction, when green hits kunark a lot of folks will be fighting over those braids.

I wonder if earth elemental illusion has any impact on the faction there? Going to assume wolf form doesn't, but maybe bear form does?
Old 05-06-2020, 02:38 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by jolanar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
BRB saving up 200k to save money on a string click.

The DE mask does improve faction, when green hits kunark a lot of folks will be fighting over those braids.

I wonder if earth elemental illusion has any impact on the faction there? Going to assume wolf form doesn't, but maybe bear form does?
I mean, yes, saving up for your own Amulet doesn't make any financial sense for this. But Amulet has infinite charges, so it incurs no cost to use -if- you know someone who has one who trusts you enough to use theirs and is willing to help.
Old 05-06-2020, 11:50 PM
Kobold

I would like to comment in response to a couple rather unpleasant comments towards Iksars and or being "entitled" to certain items. Reload charge for Puppet Strings was 1,000p on classic. This non-classic change, on P99, a classic server, while I do understand the intention, and I'm not necessarily criticizing it, does have knock-on effects.

I rolled my class with game functionality in mind. Changing it to make it harder for people who come later and start their characters later is... well I will leave it at that.
Old 05-07-2020, 12:00 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You don't get faction, xp or items if someone else charms the mob. Unless I'm mistaken.

This is why people have to hand over the puppet strings to the person buying the OT hammer.
You need the strings for the hammer, because you need to be amiable for that turn-in. You only need to be dubious(?) to turn in the braids, though. Someone else charming the mob would make the person turning in indifferent, so faction should be good. Isn't that the same as how a lot of people do the turn ins to Brother B for the monk epic?
Old 05-07-2020, 12:05 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdrcfrx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You need the strings for the hammer, because you need to be amiable for that turn-in. You only need to be dubious(?) to turn in the braids, though. Someone else charming the mob would make the person turning in indifferent, so faction should be good. Isn't that the same as how a lot of people do the turn ins to Brother B for the monk epic?
You don't get faction rewards for charmed.mobs. you will get other rewards but not faction rewards.
Old 05-07-2020, 04:04 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilien [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You don't get faction rewards for charmed.mobs. you will get other rewards but not faction rewards.
Ah, see there's the distinction. That's a bummer. Someone else posted a possible workaround: duel a necro, have 'em cast ignite/chill bones, but depending on base faction skellie form may not be enough to overcome kos?

2k + 2k per click of strings still a good price for a hammer, at the end of the day.
Old 05-07-2020, 04:24 PM
Planar Protector

2k basically just covers the recharge cost. I'd expect to pay at least twice that. Money well spent.

If you can charm the Foreman that's very easy. I understand an agnostic bard with the DE mask and faction song is another instant OT hammer.

The ignite bones trick is interesting as well. I don't recall it being enough tho with my enchanter (agnostic). I came back and used Allure at 49.
Old 05-07-2020, 11:44 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
2k basically just covers the recharge cost. I'd expect to pay at least twice that. Money well spent.
I have actually had a couple insta breaks in my time playing - across my bajillion characters. Could potentially suck even more now, though my guild always covered the expense [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread