Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-23-2020, 01:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcoy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah I did 26 hours (or 25?) for jboots and noped out of any others. I'm too old for that kind of stuff now. I did get on the guise one though because it was empty one day and that went quickly enough since I started at #1.

JBoots was fun for a while though - I was level 40 or so, so I kept pulling open named mobs for the group in the wee hours of the night. Several people got FBR's, black tomes, traveler's packs, and some bracers so at least they got something if they ended up dropping off the list. Also, it helped me stay awake so win/win.

-Mcoy
I wonder how much plat to pay jboot farmers you could have farmed with those hours on your own schedule with no afk check box.
Old 12-23-2020, 01:00 PM
Large Rat

Why'd they get rid of the item?
Old 12-23-2020, 01:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodark [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hello all,

My name is Woodark and I've been playing P99 since the Green server opened. After taking a 20 year break from EQ, returning to a Norrath full of active and passionate players is probably the most magical thing I'll ever experience.

As many of you know, the Locket of Escape was removed from the game on Tuesday (12/8). The devs forgot to remove the list feature and folks that were on the list (myself included) continued to complete AFK checks for a couple days until being notified that the Locket was removed. I submitted a ticket and this is Menden's response 1 week later:

"I can understand your frustration. And I will say this was oversight by staff, but we will not be handing out lockets to players that were on the list."

When I opened the ticket I explained that I wasn't asking for a locket specifically, but was hoping the GMs would try and make things right. I'm disappointed that the GMs take zero accountability for their mistake and for this reason I am leaving P99.

I would have accepted a sincere apology, but I don't think it would have been too outrageous to give the 3-4 players impacted something. I think back to the 3v3 arena event where the GMs were giving out black sapphires, rubicite armor, and peggy cloaks (just for sitting in the audience)... Or the monthly open raids where people that don't even participate win god/dragon loot... *sigh* ..

Thank you for the adventures! Good bye Norrath! I will sincerely miss you.
The patch notes have been research and publicly posted on p99 for years now. How about some personal responsibility?

Considering that you say in your OP that you would have accepted a "sincere apology" as compensation to "make it right" --- I don't see how this incident is anything but a non-sequitur in your decision to quit playing EQ.

The GMs and Devs have literally poured years of volunteer work and money into this project. Trying to insult them with this post is a joke. Calling Menden out for not apologizing to you? It's a bull poopie move.

Also, folks rage quitting EQ b/c the game screws them over is classic as heck.

Either your not being completely honest (maybe with yourself) or you would have quit soon anyways.
Old 12-23-2020, 02:16 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastboy21 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The patch notes have been research and publicly posted on p99 for years now. How about some personal responsibility?

Considering that you say in your OP that you would have accepted a "sincere apology" as compensation to "make it right" --- I don't see how this incident is anything but a non-sequitur in your decision to quit playing EQ.

The GMs and Devs have literally poured years of volunteer work and money into this project. Trying to insult them with this post is a joke. Calling Menden out for not apologizing to you? It's a bull poopie move.

Also, folks rage quitting EQ b/c the game screws them over is classic as heck.

Either your not being completely honest (maybe with yourself) or you would have quit soon anyways.
I would agree with this if they were actually following those patch notes and not shadow nerfing things and removing things outside the normal timeline and not announcing it.
Old 12-23-2020, 02:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fammaden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I wonder how much plat to pay jboot farmers you could have farmed with those hours on your own schedule with no afk check box.
Definitely enough to buy a couple MQ's. That wasn't the point though. My first pair of jboots in live was from Drelzna thanks to a random tell I got while xping in lavastorm as a wizard. Guy just said "hey zone in here and loot these" and boom I had Drelzna's boots. Wanted to see what camping them was like. Granted the list makes it different (and miserable) but hey - you get a taste and realize it's not for you. It led to me not being interested in any other /lists and if I were presented with the opportunity again I wouldn't do it. Did I enjoy the experience? No, but I did learn something.

-Mcoy
Old 12-23-2020, 03:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaldaben [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would agree with this if they were actually following those patch notes and not shadow nerfing things and removing things outside the normal timeline and not announcing it.
What you say is true, sometimes...but they have by and large followed it. And, in this case if the OP had checked it himself he would have at least seen in writing that they were scheduled to be out, and that the other items in the same patch were known to be removed by just reading the forums that day.

Within hours of someone posting the question to the forum Nilbog personally responded to let folks know that the /list shouldn't still be there for that item.

I'm not saying that EQ doesn't deal low blows to players (its practically coded into the game since live). I'm saying it has nothing to do with the OP saying he would be cool with the whole situation if the GM had merely apologized about the situation. Its a total non-sequitor.

The OP is claiming that the whole reason he quit is b/c Mended didn't give him a sincere apology? He's either too weak for EQ or he is being dishonest.
Old 12-23-2020, 04:37 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastboy21 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What you say is true, sometimes...but they have by and large followed it. And, in this case if the OP had checked it himself he would have at least seen in writing that they were scheduled to be out, and that the other items in the same patch were known to be removed by just reading the forums that day.

Within hours of someone posting the question to the forum Nilbog personally responded to let folks know that the /list shouldn't still be there for that item.

I'm not saying that EQ doesn't deal low blows to players (its practically coded into the game since live). I'm saying it has nothing to do with the OP saying he would be cool with the whole situation if the GM had merely apologized about the situation. Its a total non-sequitor.

The OP is claiming that the whole reason he quit is b/c Mended didn't give him a sincere apology? He's either too weak for EQ or he is being dishonest.
well in all honesty it sounds like he hasnt quit based on previous responses. also if he did respond to that question and there were still active lists a game wide message announcement doesnt sound like a hard thing to do. I pay way more attention to these forums than I should which is one of the reason I have decided to play other games if any at all. however, its not unreasonable to think if a person is camping a list camp they arent going to be glued to the forums. they are going to be clicking that stupid box that pops up.
Old 12-23-2020, 04:42 PM
Planar Protector

I would think the kind of person who is doing list camps would be more likely to keep an eye on the forums than Joe Casual. And also probably be talking to people at the camp, maybe in their guild, to know that other legacies have been removed. One would think you might put enough pieces together to question if the list is accidentally still in place or not.
Old 12-23-2020, 05:32 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You just described wow lol.
That is funny. Believe it or not, I never played WoW. I think I started playing Eve Online around that time. Maybe I should try red.
Old 12-23-2020, 06:33 PM
Planar Protector

You should try red. No item loot though, but you would enjoy questing, and occasionally pvping.
Lost but not forgotten.
Closed Thread