Closed Thread

Old 12-28-2020, 09:13 PM
Sarnak

Everywhere. Do you want a list of names? lol

Maeraculous - 60 Enchanter
Old 12-28-2020, 09:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It seems like everyone on every p99 server is 50+ or 60+ is that just because we've had over 10 years to get there? I guess that could make sense.
That's part of it for sure, my Paladin was made in 2009 and my Shadow Knight was made in 2011. Players on P1999 definitely have time on their side.

Danth
Old 12-28-2020, 10:19 PM
Banned

I meet nice people all the time on green. Sure there are assholes, but that will always be the case. Tons of nice people out there, pug's are still super fun if you assemble some cool peeps. And as always, the game is really just a chatroom with a game built around it. People seem to throw the term "toxic" around if they have even one single negative experience. If you meet a jerk remember them and avoid them in the future, the game is still super fun and chill and way better than modern mmos.
Old 12-28-2020, 10:55 PM
Banned

what are you pugging when all raid mobs are killed by the servers leading zerg guild within 10 seconds of spawning?

Planar trash?

Guk?

Lol
Old 12-28-2020, 10:57 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thulian [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
what are you pugging when all raid mobs are killed by the servers leading zerg guild within 10 seconds of spawning?

Planar trash?

Guk?

Lol
Someone forgot about the other 99% of content in the game

Old 12-28-2020, 11:13 PM
Banned

Yeah I'm talking all pug's. Chilling in a solid group of cool peeps in crushbone or deep in seb is equally cool and fun and good.

Everquest teaches an important life lesson, which is that your experience in norrath or living on our green earth is what you make of it. If you're having a miserable time you should first look inward, not outward.
Old 12-28-2020, 11:56 PM
Sarnak

Definitely plenty of decent humans playing, but the attentiveness is lacking across the board. I've commented on it repeatedly when I throw around "good players" or "bad players", and attentiveness is always #1; The amount of time it takes you to do the basic tasks expected of your class.. which is all of the tasks, for every class except pullers, and the frequency of which you need to be reminded.

Being attentive is the overlap between a good player and a good person, because there is no argument that can be made in defense of someone who gives zero shits about wasting other people's time. If you can't commit your attention and you're just soaking xp or loot, you should be forthright with your group about that. Don't just candidly join and grope your groin.

I know people have important shit going on, but it's entirely reasonable for a person with equally important shit going on to get irritated when their *properly portioned* free time is being squandered, by whatever flavor of unsavory group play is on the table.

Old 12-29-2020, 12:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmaerx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ah, I misunderstood your comments as having something to do with the thread they're nested within. My bad.

But yes. The vast majority of the people playing this server and the game in general are older and casual and distracted as hell. Especially in the pub group and leveling scene. I'm definitely saying that it has nothing to do with generation and everything to do with age. You have all the time in the world to fill and spill piss bottles at the keyboard when you're a spry 15-20.. which is the point I was making actually relevant to the thread, lol.

Side note, forming new guild: Fill and Spill. Apply within.

Deep within.
I see your point. And, I have to admit that EQ is a vast game. It is so vast that the experience from one type of player to the next could actually seem like a totally different game.

I have played p99 for a long time...on and off pretty much since launch. I haven't however, been in a PUG group for over two years really. I tend to level solo. If I do group it is with people I've been long time friends with on multiple servers or friends I've made in guilds. If I decide to raid at all --- which I've avoided for years at a time on p99, I usually raid with pretty "hard core" folks. The demographic of the server I see playing like that is extremely skewed.

I would tend to agree that in PUG groups folks are distracted because of age-related responsibilities. So definitely agreement.

When I look at the raid crowd though and the high-end solo'ers I think its a different demographic; I'm not experiencing what the majority of folks might see if they just roll a character on p99 and head out into the newbie yard to begin a new server.

I'd be interested in finding out some data regarding the demographics of p99 --- average age of players (in general, but also raiders vs casuals), average time played per week, etc. I'm entirely speaking on my own experience --- filtered and examined with some intuition and reasoning --- which doesn't really reflect the complete picture in truth.

Thanks for the discussion today and yesterday...actually been very interesting for me.
Old 12-29-2020, 12:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Damn dude boomers are way older than 40. Millennials are almost 40!

Must be a Z boy talkin.

; )
I know you're joking around, but this was the point I was making about differentiating between age and generation.

The average age of p99 players is going up (I think) compared to live, but the players themselves are from a younger generation than on live. Amongst other things, I think this impacts some of the differences between live and p99 behavior...there are significant others, but I do think this is one of them.

When p99 launches its 5th iteration of green (in 2040) the average age will probably be in the 60s...but they'll still be millennials or Gen Z. The number of Gen X'ers playing in 2040 will be very small...even if the game itself doesn't change I think EQ is complex enough that you can expect to see changes in how people play it....which is kinda cool that a game made in 1999 managed to pull off that much social sensitive complexity.
Old 01-01-2021, 12:58 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomaroast [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Half the players in groups are afk or barely paying attention.

This is the crap that bugs me the most. Why even play if you are going to sit there and watch netflix or whatever your low attention span brains are distracted by?