Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-14-2017, 01:05 AM
Kobold

The only thing that I wish was that I could see the commit history in the p99 code repository so that I didn't have to puzzle out the precise mechanics changes when updating my monk guide [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I wrote a Monk guide: Meviin's Monk Mechanics
I wrote a guide on purple links in incoming messages:
Meviin's Macros: Purple Links When Pulling

Meviin - 60 Monk (Iksar) <Kittens Who Say Meow>
Laylot - 21 Necromancer (Iksar) <Kittens Who Say Meow>
Kozev - 12 Enchanter (High Elf) <Kittens Who Say Meow>
Old 02-14-2017, 01:11 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I never played here, other than leveling a necro to 17. Like 5 years ago.

I code for fun. What do you do for fun?

Don't worry. I got more classic stuff coming that you are going to LOVE!!!

Hang on. Gonna be a fun ride.

H
Maybe some day more of the cheesy exploits the raiders use on this server as a crutch to "compete" will not be so easily implemented or even removed.

Thanks Haynar, for your hard work and conscious effort to improve the raiding on p99! This is encouraging, to say the least.
Old 02-14-2017, 01:13 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhancelot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Maybe some day more of the cheesy exploits the raiders use on this server as a crutch to "compete" will not be so easily implemented or even removed.

Thanks Haynar, for your hard work and conscious effort to improve the raiding on p99! This is encouraging, to say the least.
One can only hope that sanity will reign. Until then this rabbit hole is evermore as far as I'm concerned.
Old 02-14-2017, 01:36 AM
Planar Protector

FD + sneak made for such fun emergent gameplay, but I'm glad to see it go for balance and difficulty reasons. Monks just have too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ella`Ella [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I like how disconnected devs that don't even play here have opinions on what may/may not work on this server.
You and people like you have been a continuing source of headaches for staff and sane players for years, so I'd say he's 1000x more qualified regarding what's an improvement than you are.
Old 02-14-2017, 02:25 AM
Planar Protector

So far these changes are amazing. NToV crawls may be back! The loot pinata seems to be gone and the raid scene will change for the better.
Old 02-14-2017, 02:36 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I never played here, other than leveling a necro to 17. Like 5 years ago.

I code for fun. What do you do for fun?

Don't worry. I got more classic stuff coming that you are going to LOVE!!!

Hang on. Gonna be a fun ride.

H
bring it baby, I love the new patch personally!
Blueberrii - 60 Mage
Gigglepurr - 60 Shaman
Kids - 60 Rogue
Fornfamnad - 60 Cleric
Old 02-14-2017, 06:18 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caiu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The roamer is harder to kill than the actual named you're after is the issue. Were there safe spots for coth your plan would be solid. With what we have pulling to eashen steps is probably the most doable. Trying for entrance/exit pulls is probably out these days.
Perhaps Haynar should remove these non-classic roaming flurries then. You know, seeing as this is a classic server [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-14-2017, 08:00 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caiu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is the death of casuals in ToV. They locked themselves into the classic agro mechanics and now the hardcore will far outstrip them in pulling knowledge. A/A have been in the temple since repop relearning mechanics I doubt any other entities have the will or way.
Yea fucking right. Just a shit show of wasted clickies. actually CSG will have a better time than a/a since they clear ntov for fun during the week. Rustle has been prepping with ntov clears for awhile now. How about a/a? Shut it ya doink you know nadda. xD how's being afk on the line going?
Old 02-14-2017, 08:21 AM
Aviak

Why are the "hardcore" raiders so salty about this?
If these changes makes it harder for casuals, why do you care?

You're not crypto-casual scum, are you?

Also pras Haynar.
Old 02-14-2017, 08:27 AM
Planar Protector

12. You may not operate a guild that habitually violates these rules.

Disciplinary issues involving guilds may be addressed with the entire guild. Guilds whose members habitually violate these rules may be issued guild warnings, and can even be permanently disbanded.

Guild Leaders and/or officers may be held accountable for any actions of their guild members, in addition to any other actions that may be taken. It is therefore the responsibility of the guild leadership to ensure that all guild members abide by these rules.

Why are guilds that habitually break rules still around?

cuz.. rules....ya know
Closed Thread