Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-11-2020, 01:39 AM
Sarnak

I believe this is a bug, and I've seen it mentioned before - it affects all the invigorate BPs. The cleric healing thing shouldn't be applied to invigorate click heals.
P99: [52 Champion] Alysane (Barbarian) <Auld Lang Syne>
SZ : [65 Lord Protector] Cochise (Erudite) <Sanctus Lumen>
Old 06-12-2020, 12:58 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirdan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I believe this is a bug, and I've seen it mentioned before - it affects all the invigorate BPs. The cleric healing thing shouldn't be applied to invigorate click heals.
From what I've read of old posts, the 10% healing nerf on non-clerics is classic. That is not bugged. I'll try to be extremely specific on what is bugged.

1) Grand Master Chest Wraps should heal for exactly 63 (71*.9 rounded down) at lvl 1 up to 90 (100*.9 rounded down) at level 30. However, the item heals for 63 regardless of the wearer's level. This is just a simple bug.

2) Wiki incorrectly states in the spell description "Fills your body with life, healing between 82 and 115 damage." right next to the blue glowing hand. This is incorrect information. The spell info listed in the sell information section is correct, and the 10% healing reduction i classic, so the raw numbers are correct.
Old 06-12-2020, 04:24 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirdan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I had a click bp on a warrior on live and remember a feeling of disappointment that it healed under 100, though maybe I am misremembering that feeling.

Have you evidence items circumvented the non-cleric penalty?
Old 06-12-2020, 11:36 AM
Sarnak

No, I'm not certain about the non-cleric part. Trivonus' explanation for the level-based amount being off makes more sense.

I know that the Thurgadin warrior bp also heals for a low amount, it's probably the same for each invigorate bp.
P99: [52 Champion] Alysane (Barbarian) <Auld Lang Syne>
SZ : [65 Lord Protector] Cochise (Erudite) <Sanctus Lumen>
Old 06-12-2020, 11:50 AM
Planar Protector

I really feel like on live EQ during velious all the bp's healed you for 100
Old 06-12-2020, 11:59 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trivonus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Baler, I wasn't aware of that 90% mechanic, and thankfully, that helped me resolve and understand the bug with the item. However, what I was stating was correct (and is still incorrect) on the wiki is.... "Fills your body with life, healing between 82 and 115 damage. " This phrase is right next to the blue-glowing hand at the top of the wiki. The "details" section is correct. Wiki, however, is incorrect at the top. Don't know if I could change myself, but it needs to be corrected. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

And, I do want to clarify, that this thread is mainly about the bug with the item Grand Master's Chest Wraps whereby it does not account for level for the clicky Invigorate. Pretends wearer is always level 1 regardless of level and never increases the heal past 63. Bug specific to this item.
Bugs belong in the bug forum. EDIT: But it sounds like maybe this isn't a bug after all. I realize that you may not have been sure this was a bug when you made this thread, but now that you seem to believe it is ... go start a thread there [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]. However, you may want to come armed with some classic evidence, otherwise the devs might ask "how do you know it didn't work this way in '99? Maybe Verant made the bug, not us, so it's classic." If you can point to a post from back then that said it heals more, you'll be on more solid ground.

Wiki fixes belong in the wiki, and ANYONE can make them: all you need is a free wiki account which anyone with a forum account can sign up for: https://wiki.project1999.com/index.p...ge&type=signup. Just be careful to add any notes in the right place, so you don't confuse anyone (eg. I'd add a note about the 90% bit to the item, not the spell, or if you add it to the spell be sure to preface the note with "if you are a non caster using an item to cast this ...")

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 06-12-2020 at 12:05 PM..
Old 06-12-2020, 12:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by GinnasP99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I really feel like on live EQ during velious all the bp's healed you for 100
I remember the BP's healing for 100 as well on live. However, my oldest memory of using the Thurgadin clicky BP on my warrior was in the Luclin or PoP era, so I cannot guarantee this was true in Velious.
Old 06-13-2020, 09:25 AM
Kobold

i've tried this on multiple characters the thurg bps heal for 63hp. skyshrine heals for 90hp unsure kael but assuming 90 as well.
Old 06-14-2020, 05:56 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamonju [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i've tried this on multiple characters the thurg bps heal for 63hp. skyshrine heals for 90hp unsure kael but assuming 90 as well.
This is note classic. Real problem.
Old 06-19-2020, 05:36 PM
Sarnak

Had a bard on EQ live wayyyy back in the day.

I can confirm the singing steel BP invigorate effect healed for 100 every 6 seconds. This let me "bard tank" from 45 to lower 50s

Here is quote from 2002 on the matter https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/...03522476784963

Healing %s had no effect on items in classic EQ

Edit: It was either 90hp heal or 100hp heal. I honestly can't remember which. 100% sure it was not 63hp heal.
Last edited by busted; 06-19-2020 at 05:37 PM.. Reason: correction
Closed Thread