Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-13-2020, 12:12 AM
Kobold

Default Ultimate Chill Class?

I've completed everything I realistically set out and wanted to do on Green and Blue. At this point, I'm just looking to chill and make friends. I'm wondering if I should roll something like a druid or wizard? Druid would be more helpful to people/friends, but they feel so uber weak to me (at least that's the way I feel). Wizards can't buff/pl/sow etc. like druids but they are more useful in groups and solo (or so it feels to me). I don't really care about getting max level, epics or any of that.

Druid - Already stated earlier that I feel super weak on one. Healing is so weak it's kinda stressful if you have to main heal. Feel kinda useless, however, can power-level, buff, sow, etc. Great for helping others!

Wizard - I have no idea how they work except snare and your biggest DD (lol). Seems pretty chill. Can port and lev people!

Rogue - can easily die and corpse runs are /wrist. Not actually terrible, but no bind feelsbadman.

Cleric - healing is not chill whatsoever (for me). Druids are so bad at healing that I realistically won't be expected to do it much over 30, not that druids get groups much anyways hah. >.>

Necro - Not realistically able to help other people too much besides corpse summons I don't think. Lich ticking my hp down doesn't feel to "chill" to me.

Magician - Pretty chill to be honest but no ports. Can't help others out too terribly much. Maybe I could bind at firepots though. ~

So either druid, magician or wizard in my mind. Wizard #1, Magician #2, Druid #3 tentatively

What are your thoughts?
Old 09-13-2020, 12:26 AM
Sarnak

You seem to be torn between wanting to be able to help people vs playing a chill/laid-back class. For chillability, I'd say necro -- the ability to FD anytime is huge, you can solo very easily/safely, and you can support groups actually pretty well, even save groups from wipes with screaming terror (mezz), but at the same time your group is probably not gonna wipe because of something you did or didn't do. Also, lich is really no big deal at all [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Wiz could totally be chill if you level in groups and then become a port/nuke master in raids -- but quad kiting, their main solo option, is most decidedly un-chill, bra

EDIT: if you decide that wanting to help people is your main priority, then id say druid hands down. porting, plus the ability to toss noobs a regen or thorns or skin to totally make their day.
Old 09-13-2020, 12:53 AM
Banned

Since you talked so much bad about druids you aren't allowed to play one , oh and no ports either
Old 09-13-2020, 12:56 AM
Sarnak

Necro is chill as heck! lich ticking your hp down isn't a big deal, especially if you are waiting for iksar! You can always click it off, honestly I think that FD is the key for the chill factor, being able to just afk for like 30 min to an hour to make dinner or whatever, without having to log out, as long as you click lich off before you go afk you're good.

And once kunark comes out you get your life pact stuff to heal with, people don't expect necro heals, but they are surprisingly effective! (Pact + dispel the degen off yourself)

Amualia - Level 59 Dark-Elf Cleric
Maruki - Level 23 Iksar BONEKNIGHT
Lorelai - Level 54 High-Elf Enchanter
Old 09-13-2020, 01:58 AM
Sarnak

What does /wrist mean
Old 09-13-2020, 03:24 AM
Banned

cleric
everyone wants you 40+
all you do is sit med heal
i watched the 4 episodes of GoT at KC before lol
no one died B)
Old 09-13-2020, 04:36 AM
Sarnak

everybody missing the obvious choice here which is clearly bard, just leech lvl 1-50 playing mana/hp song while you watch netflix like so many other bards do
Old 09-13-2020, 04:48 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Convict [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
everybody missing the obvious choice here which is clearly bard, just leech lvl 1-50 playing mana/hp song while you watch netflix like so many other bards do
Problem I see with bard is that you can't invis back to your corpse b/c invis song requires instrument. You could buy them and store at bank and then run to your corpse, but still, I think bard is a pretty high-stress class for solo or group. I mean if your goal is to AFK and not play then I think you are correct! lol No bind, no gate.
Old 09-13-2020, 08:45 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natewest1987 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What does /wrist mean
Down the tracks, not across the street.
Old 09-13-2020, 09:13 AM
Planar Protector

Rogue or Necro are mega chill
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Closed Thread