Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2016, 03:10 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Late hello and a bit of a restart.

Evening all.

I've been playing p99 on and off for a while very casual player (wife & toddler etc come first so very little free time) so I've never got a char past lvl 21.

Played original eq from kunark through to LDoN so love the nostalgia here.

I decided to try essentially starting over, playing a human monk (starting in qeynos never started a char there before) and not giving I'm anything at all from other characters I've played in the past. so zero twink.

I like so solo and prefer mele to casters so decided to go for the monk. I know it's a slow road but I'm not looking for fast lvling.

To the point I have one real question I was wanting to play him pure hand to hand with bare fists. Do people think this is a viable option and if so how long do you think I can manage solo that way?

Any opinions would be good.

Othranc.
Old 02-02-2016, 03:32 PM
Planar Protector

welcome to the server plz contact me if u need any help with a port, rez, buffs or help buying backpacks
Old 02-02-2016, 04:36 PM
Planar Protector

Greetings + hope to see you in EQland!
Old 02-02-2016, 06:37 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orrus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
To the point I have one real question I was wanting to play him pure hand to hand with bare fists. Do people think this is a viable option and if so how long do you think I can manage solo that way?
Just be aware that your fists don't count as magic weapons until you hit level 30, and the ratio of them is rather terrible compared to 1hb for a long while. Make sure you invest time in your epic, as it will make your fists 9/16.

It's certainly viable, but it WILL make soloing much harder than if you dropped 50-100 plat on a powerful weapon. And as a human, you don't get the extra AC/Regen that Iksar do (Human monks are viable, but I'm sure someone will come in and call you an idiot. Play what you want and don't worry about them)

Qeynos is great though. Hit up the sewers around 6-ish and you can easily snag +20HP total from two rings and two earrings, which will help a wee bit.

Anyhow, welcome back and such. Good luck!
Old 02-02-2016, 07:09 PM
Kobold

Welcome back [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-02-2016, 07:50 PM
Banned

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-02-2016, 08:00 PM
Planar Protector

Edited,. Welcome to P99
Old 02-02-2016, 08:11 PM
Kobold

/dizzy
Closed Thread