Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2019, 04:28 PM
Sarnak

Default Druid Bear Pet (Nature Walkers Behest) Questions

Hi friends!

I wanted to ask a few questions about the Druid bear pet. Does anyone know what level range the bear can be, how many HP he has and how hard he hits for?

I know the bear pet is pretty much a joke, but I was hoping to get some actual numbers to put to it.

Would he be any good for extra DPS if given a proc weapon such as a Deadwood Stave?

With my current setup (as some of you may have seen in my previous post) I am duoing with my boyfriend's Rogue and have been able to keep aggro on the mobs pretty well, kiting them while he backstabs. So the pet would just be for extra damage.

Any and all bear-related knowledge welcome! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Thanks guys!

Werga ⋆ Level 29 Shaman ⋆ Troll
Taruuk ⋆ Level 14 Necromancer ⋆ Dark Elf

Old 09-15-2019, 05:11 PM
Fire Giant

Animals (including druid and shaman pets) cannot use weapons. As long as you can keep aggro, the pet will add DPS however minute.
Celent - 60 Sorcerer!
Stratah - 58 Troubadour!
Joan - 58 Knight!
Colin - 52 Rake!

Guild Leader of <Eclipse>
Old 09-15-2019, 05:15 PM
Planar Protector

I will say this: if you're doing somewhere like Kael and your raid is finishing giants off in a matter of seconds, the bear pet is the perfect way to make sure you get the faction hits without wasting any mana.

(Of course, you could charm a dire wolf pet also, but that's a very different and much more stressful experience.)

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 09-15-2019, 05:16 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Animals (including druid and shaman pets) cannot use weapons. As long as you can keep aggro, the pet will add DPS however minute.
You know, as soon as I posted this I had a feeling I made a mistake thinking I could equip weapons. Thanks for confirming!

Werga ⋆ Level 29 Shaman ⋆ Troll
Taruuk ⋆ Level 14 Necromancer ⋆ Dark Elf

Old 09-15-2019, 05:20 PM
Banned

level 28 or 30?
480hp?
hits for 2-30?
Race: Bear
Class: Warrior

Duel someone and check your log for hp and dmg.
Last edited by Demoraliser; 09-15-2019 at 05:25 PM..
Old 09-15-2019, 05:34 PM
Banned

Always good to keep pet up to reclaim for back up mana when you need. Do one of the mage Sol ro quests and you can click from inventory to get mana back from pet (600).
Old 09-15-2019, 05:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qtip [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Always* good to keep pet up to reclaim for back up mana when you need. Do one of the mage Sol ro quests and you can click from inventory to get mana back from pet (600).
* as long as whatever you're fighting doesn't AoE [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

But yeah Qtip has a great point with this: the mage focus items are way underutilized by Druids and Shaman (both of whom don't get Reclaim Energy natively, but can use it through those items).

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 09-15-2019, 06:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee12874 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You know, as soon as I posted this I had a feeling I made a mistake thinking I could equip weapons. Thanks for confirming!
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-16-2019, 09:28 AM
Sarnak

You can also use it to track for named that are out of your tracking range. Make a hot key for it. /Pet attack Insertname
Old 09-16-2019, 09:31 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The mage focus items are way underutilized by Druids and Shaman (both of whom don't get Reclaim Energy natively, but can use it through those items).
Or Shadowknights, who only get Reclaim Energy on gear if they're Erudite.

Of course the bone moron is a terrible DoT (it's always about half your level), and is most suitable as the bone shield, suitable for eating harmtouches...or as mentioned earlier, providing faction hits...but yeah, you could use it as a cheap mana battery on a raid.
Closed Thread