Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 07-15-2021, 03:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You don't have to train 2hb at all if you don't want to. You can use Silver Swiftblade to 30; once the damage cap goes away get a better ratio one (.75%+) and use that until you get your epic. People always go Woodsman because it's 30% cheaper than a 2hs (since it's ranger only).

Neither. Seriously, find a good 2hs and do not look back. When you get a Swiftwind you can worry about what to MH with it. Guard Captain Mallet is easily the best ranger weapon for the plat once you are 50+ and epiced. If you want to dual-wield before that feel free but know you are actively handicapping yourself.
Woodsman and AP are both 4kpp, so Woodsman is not cheaper as far as I'm concerned. And since it's Ranger only, it's harder to resell.

You're not understanding why I'm hesitant to sink so much plat into a weapon I will only use temporarily and then never use again, and may not be able to resell ever because Rangers are so uncommon on Blue. I'm gonna try and get a Springwood, but the only way I'm getting a Woodsman is if I go farm one myself, and I'm not sure a solo Ranger can do that even at 60.

But Guard Captain Mallet seems like a good weapon. It beats both FB and WF?
Old 07-15-2021, 04:26 PM
Planar Protector

https://wiki.project1999.com/Forged_Velium_Claidhmore is a great option too
[51 Champion] Logue (Halfling)
Old 07-15-2021, 04:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gozuk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I see the various velium weapons sell for pretty high amounts. I always thought it was because they're part of a quest chain.
Old 07-15-2021, 04:44 PM
Planar Protector

Not for a quest. Some of them are really good for the plat if you just need a solid dps weapon.
Old 07-15-2021, 04:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gozuk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not for a quest. Some of them are really good for the plat if you just need a solid dps weapon.
I'll consider it, but something else I didn't mention is that stats like Str, Sta, HP, Mana, AC, all that stuff, is a heavy consideration for me when I pick a weapon to commit to. Procs too, but not to the same degree of importance. The weapons ratio is generally secondary to me, but preferably I like the fastest weapons I can get my hands on, hence why Lamentations appealed to me so much. Strength/Stamina/HP, lightning fast, almost weightless, and fairly cheap.
Old 07-16-2021, 04:33 AM
Sarnak

Worth getting your HS key and asking a soloing enchanter for this if its rotting too. The proc is an aoe but the damage is superb. Great combo with your offhand epic for dps and like I said, it rots all the time

https://wiki.project1999.com/Fayguard_Parrying_Dagger
Old 07-16-2021, 12:42 PM
Planar Protector

I still want that dagger on my ranger so bad
Old 07-16-2021, 12:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I still want that dagger on my ranger so bad
Same lol. I mainly just want to be even lazier during faction pulls [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-16-2021, 03:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Same lol. I mainly just want to be even lazier during faction pulls [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well you've turned me to the dark side. I'm trying to buy a Woodsman's Staff now. I figure if anything, it would still be useful even after I get my Epic for certain raid mobs.

It's gonna be weird walking around as a Monk in plate armor casting Druid magic.
Old 07-16-2021, 03:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loadsamoney [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well you've turned me to the dark side. I'm trying to buy a Woodsman's Staff now. I figure if anything, it would still be useful even after I get my Epic for certain raid mobs.

It's gonna be weird walking around as a Monk in plate armor casting Druid magic.
Great! Yea it's a good weapon for a very long time. Easy to sell once you get bored of it; at least per my experience. Ranger alts are very popular.
Closed Thread