Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 05-26-2021, 12:52 PM
Kobold

Default Why do you still play?

I left p99 for classic WoW when it launched and have been loving it ever since. I don't miss elf jail for fighting the wrong mobs or staring at walls. I login twice a week to raid at the same time and pvp or lvl alts whenever I want. I've enjoyed reading these boards but the quality (including this post) have gone downhill significantly since the dragons got rooted. I think this is tied to the state of the game and am curious what any of my homies who are still around, or anyone, think.

So I ask you this, why do you still play? Is it to spend the mountain of DKP you've been hoarding for some NToV or Tunare loot? Is it for your guildmates/community? Is it for the feels of nostalgia?

About the only thing I'm interested in seeing happen is the warders (never got warder loot when I played) and when the sleeper is inevitably woken. Although, knowing how this server works, the sleeper will probably get woken at 4am on Tuesday or like Thanksgiving day or something hahaha.

Anyway, genuinely curious what people are enjoying here still. Hope all is well [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-26-2021, 01:01 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littul Jonn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I left p99 for classic WoW when it launched and have been loving it ever since
What a fucking pleasure, vanilla wow died with nostalrius
Old 05-26-2021, 01:01 PM
Banned

Mostly to meet women
Old 05-26-2021, 01:06 PM
Planar Protector

Some of us genuinely love the game itself, and even playing it in all its boring grindy form. I know this is a foreign concept to younger gamers, WoW gamers, and many raiders who are more into strats, practice, racing, BiS and hanging out on discord than actually doing the boring parts of playing EQ, but its actually true for many of us.

There's a lot of people who just relish leveling different classes, races, combinations of both, etc. All the stuff you mention is secondary to actually enjoying Everquest. At the end of the day it sounds like you realized you didn't actually like playing Everquest that much after the novelty wore off and you had your epic level 60. Now you are here trying to figure out why anyone does this but you're looking at it the wrong way because you don't have that concept of actually liking this old game, warts and all, for what it is.
Old 05-26-2021, 01:08 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecondoJoe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Mostly to meet women
How unfortunate for the women.
Old 05-26-2021, 01:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fammaden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Some of us genuinely love the game itself, and even playing it in all its boring grindy form. I know this is a foreign concept to younger gamers, WoW gamers, and many raiders who are more into strats, practice, racing, BiS and hanging out on discord than actually doing the boring parts of playing EQ, but its actually true for many of us.

There's a lot of people who just relish leveling different classes, races, combinations of both, etc. All the stuff you mention is secondary to actually enjoying Everquest. At the end of the day it sounds like you realized you didn't actually like playing Everquest that much after the novelty wore off and you had your epic level 60. Now you are here trying to figure out why anyone does this but you're looking at it the wrong way because you don't have that concept of actually liking this old game, warts and all, for what it is.
You can love EverQuest and still abhor the P99 rule system and community
Old 05-26-2021, 01:15 PM
Banned

I like the in game cooking interface, meal prep is the best time in EQ.
Old 05-26-2021, 01:17 PM
Banned

I enjoy suffering. All the best things in life come with some blood, sweat and tears. Effort leads to reward. Of course, my brain is broken and forgot about the reward part of the equation.
Old 05-26-2021, 01:17 PM
Banned

Also, I'm a lazy piece of shit
Old 05-26-2021, 01:18 PM
Banned

nihilism
Closed Thread