Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-28-2019, 03:40 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightymichael69 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well I wanted to play the full uptown Velious experience but yea I am new player..To sustain blue we need new players..cant be same 100 people with 4 alts right? Or maybe I am wrong..I dunno..I do think it would help game and economy if we had 50% more average population across level ranges on regular basis.
Even before Green and Teal launched most mid level zones on Blue were ghost towns. It’s a server in it’s twilight that is only really populated by raiders. Most people still dedicated to it have several max level toons and a mountain of platinum that’d make a dragon blush. They have no reason or desire to tool around in underpopulated low level zones.

If people do come back to Blue they’re not going to make the server seem any more lively in the low and mid game. It’ll just be more bodies to throw at Dragons and Gods. They’re not coming back to level new toons, nor is there ever going to be a sudden rush of new players on Blue.

I have to say, deciding to start fresh on a ten year old server when two brand new servers just opened and talking about how the ten year old server needs new players is... puzzling logic. You had to know what you were getting into, right?

Find me Monday, Wednesday and Friday @ https://www.twitch.tv/elhefe
Old 11-28-2019, 04:28 AM
Sarnak

I finally re-patched and may have started a toon on green. Feels good. Might not play too much but feels good to hit that EQ grind.

El Hefe you on green or teal??
Hope you and the woman have a good Thanksgiving!

Gabronth
15 Human Paladin
Old 11-28-2019, 04:39 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hibbs [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I finally re-patched and may have started a toon on green. Feels good. Might not play too much but feels good to hit that EQ grind.

El Hefe you on green or teal??
Hope you and the woman have a good Thanksgiving!
I'm feelin' the Teal.

Thanks man, hope you and yours have a good holiday too! Cheers!

Old 11-28-2019, 10:16 AM
Orc

El-Hefe. #1 EQ streamer
Old 11-28-2019, 01:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightymichael69 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well I wanted to play the full uptown Velious experience but yea I am new player..To sustain blue we need new players..cant be same 100 people with 4 alts right
This is really the crux of the biscuit. Blue has always had significant "churn", attrition and replacement of players especially at the top end where raid guilds were constantly recruiting. Without new players starting and leveling up blue is slowly going to deteriorate like a nation with a negative birth rate.

Hefe can say the "mid game" was deserted, but as someone who started on blue under two years ago, I can say it wasn't anything like Teal/Green of course but at least the "XP highway" was populated. I could always find a pickup group for melee or healers in crushbone>unrest/HK>MM>CoM>KC>Seb. If you worked a bit you could get something going in UGuk for early 20s, or Hole and other less popular zones at the high end. These days you'd probably be calling out LFG into the void in those places.
Old 11-28-2019, 01:37 PM
Fire Giant

I mean, yeah sure there was a desired leveling path of high ZEM zones that you could find groups in, I imagine there still is to some extent. But stray outside of that path and you’d be all by yourself. By no stretch of the imagination was the low and mid game thriving, if “dead” is too strong of a word then I guess “in hospice” would be more accurate.

Old 11-28-2019, 05:33 PM
Planar Protector

Are fungi tunic's over 100k on blue now?
*smirks*
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 11-28-2019, 05:36 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Are fungi tunic's over 100k on blue now?
*smirks*
Go back to the non classic green, hating on blue is getting stale. Playing on alpha (blue) and beta (teal) at the same time is fun can't wait for a classic release.
Old 11-28-2019, 05:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilien [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Go back to the non classic green, hating on blue is getting stale. Playing on alpha (blue) and beta (teal) at the same time is fun can't wait for a classic release.
uhh, Maybe you've mistaken me for someone else. I've not hated on blue, here or elsewhere. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Consider Red
yikes
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 11-28-2019, 06:30 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
uhh, Maybe you've mistaken me for someone else. I've not hated on blue, here or elsewhere. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Consider Red
yikes
Meh your remark seemed snarky and a lot of people in the green forums simultaneously hate on blue and support broken parts about green, sorry for the overly aggressive response have a good holiday if you're having one [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread