Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 12-03-2019, 06:56 AM
Planar Protector

Default The /List is a HUGE FAIL - Remove it

I want to start by saying thank you for working on a solution to the legacy problem. I know it took you guys a lot of time/energy to come up with the list function...but I feel that it is taking away from our loving EQ vibe.

Manastone:

They artificially NERFED the drop-rate to the point we are getting only 1 every 1-2 days or so. What does this mean? It means instead of 5/6 dropping a day we have a fake legacy economy on the server now. With only 1 dropping a day (instead of 5+ like on Red/Blue/Live) that is a HUGE HUGE HUGE difference!

Without this artificial, unclassic, nerfed drop-rate there would currently be 5 or 6x the amount of manastones on the server right now as we speak. Now, take a moment to imagine that.

This means that there would be a lot more out there for trade/sale. Wow, isn't that a good thing for the majority of the server? Who cares if someone hordes 20 of them, with 5x the amount dropping it doesn't even matter. There's nothing else to really spend plat on with account trading gone from the server.

The /list feature promotes people rarely, selling the manastone as it stands now. Good luck trying to get one unless you /list it.

The list not only lead up to a decision that will permanently screw the entire server of manastones it also encourages unhealthy decisions by players. In fact I now know 3 people who have stayed up over 60 hours because of this camp. I feel bad for people putting in that many hours down there. It's not right.

Guise:

We don't really hear about this one too much. Why? Because nobody bothers to /list this vs manastone camp. That's because it's much harder to do at level 35. In fact it's basically impossible to solo it at level 35.

The /list features promotes people going to the camp at level 35 and hitting /list regardless if they can solo it or not. So what we are seeing are level 35 warriors going into Guk and trying to /list a guise with no group.

SO, the /list is essentially promoting this unusual type of behavior. I say unusual because it is for Everquest, a group related game. Let's say you are a level 35 warrior. WITHOUT the list feature in the game, you wouldn't think to do this in a million years. You wouldn't dare even think about camping a guise unless you had a group going down there. Not anymore. The mentality of the player base has changed thanks to the /list feature.

Prove me wrong here.

To make it worse, I am hearing stories of the drop-rate even being reduced on the guise. If this is true, that hurts. It's like a pain the back to the player base.

Rubicite Breastplate:

Same concept as the guise really. Some players even holding the camp hostage at level 35 because they can thanks to the /list.

Drop rate seems to be reduced as well. One not dropping in 24+ hours seems off on the rubicite bp although I can not entirely confirm this, but considering the other 2 legacy items the drop-rate seems off.

Solution:

Remove the /list entirely. Fix drop-rates to classic rates on all 3 items. Let the economy do it's own thing. Who cares if someone hordes some shit...right now we, as a server, will never be able to buy manastones at this rate. Most people on the server can't sit a camp for 70 hours straight. Most people can't sit at a camp for 12 hours straight here, but we can farm plat and other items to buy one.

Communciate. Make a list of your own. Form a line like noobs did for Thex Dagger quest, or how we did back in Red where you wait your turn. No holding the camp for a friend or guild mate...that person needs to be there with you or in line. Devs can keep an eye on the camp if needed.

You know how much the manastone is worth on blue now. Imagine this x 5. In a nut shell, you ain't buying one on these servers.

Yep.

--------------------------------

Summary: Remove /list entirely. Fix drop-rates to classic. Communicate well together. Server now better.
Last edited by skorge; 12-03-2019 at 07:08 AM..
Old 12-03-2019, 07:22 AM
Sarnak

Yea no thanks on upping the drop rates. A server literally filled with fake dark elves sounds dumb as fuck. And I’d rather not see people everywhere spamming their manastones and powering through the already spread thin content.

Having all these camps with high drop rates under 24/7 farm across two servers that will remerge into one sounds like a very bad idea.
Old 12-03-2019, 07:24 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaffleztheAndal [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yea no thanks on upping the drop rates. A server literally filled with fake dark elves sounds dumb as fuck. And I’d rather not see people everywhere spamming their manastones and powering through the already spread thin content.

Having all these camps with high drop rates under 24/7 farm across two servers that will remerge into one sounds like a very bad idea.
Old 12-03-2019, 07:31 AM
Sarnak

Just put all legacy items in /claim.

"if the rules are all you use to determine what you should or shouldn't do, you're probably an a-hole" -soup

Hooden • Xegony enchanter '00 - '02 • <Aeternus> from SoD '06 - '07
Old 12-03-2019, 07:32 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaffleztheAndal [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Who said up drop rate? I said make the drop rate classic. The drop rate got nerfed like the noob exp quests did at launch.
Old 12-03-2019, 07:34 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:

Also, good luck on ever getting a manastone then at this rate unless you can sit at a spawn for 70+ hours. Who in their right mind would sell/trade a manastone if they had to sit down for 70 hours straight to get one?
Old 12-03-2019, 07:37 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by skorge [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also, good luck on ever getting a manastone then at this rate unless you can sit at a spawn for 70+ hours. Who in their right mind would sell/trade a manastone if they had to sit down for 70 hours straight to get one?
Now that it's exposed as a team exercise the camp just requires friends willing to go at it together.

"if the rules are all you use to determine what you should or shouldn't do, you're probably an a-hole" -soup

Hooden • Xegony enchanter '00 - '02 • <Aeternus> from SoD '06 - '07
Old 12-03-2019, 07:39 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by skorge [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Classic or not, the drop rate should stay low given the circumstances. If not having a manastone or guise is the price I pay to not have the classic server we’ve waited ten years for turn into a clownshow filled with guised dark elves everywhere running around spamming their manastones then so be it. I’m ok leaving these items to the beards.
Old 12-03-2019, 07:41 AM
Sarnak

You act like everyone who wants a manastone should have one.

They shouldn’t.
Old 12-03-2019, 09:03 AM
Planar Protector

I think that anyone who wants a manastone doesn't realize the second nerf on it made it a piece of shit lol. The guise is such a cooler item.