Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 12-04-2019, 01:58 AM
Fire Giant

No matter what system they go with nobody will be happy you cant please everyone

Zekay 60 Torpor Shaman - <Guild>
Old 12-04-2019, 02:03 AM
Orc

Is the fact that they added something in game to help with lists what's not classic? Because people certainly used lists when the game launched. I started playing as soon as the game came out in 99 (yeah I was a pally it was a horrible choice but I was playing none the less).

The first thing I would do when I zone into guk is a cc (camp check). Next I would pick the camp I wanted to go to if none were open and send the leader a tell asking if there was a list. If there was not one I would ask to be next on the list. When someone logged out of the group I would get a message telling me to come on down.

People have been using lists since the game came out. It's not that it's not classic. There's just now a feature in game to help people do it and ensure they are properly honoring the list.
Old 12-04-2019, 02:06 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Bomb [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is the fact that they added something in game to help with lists what's not classic? Because people certainly used lists when the game launched. I started playing as soon as the game came out in 99 (yeah I was a pally it was a horrible choice but I was playing none the less).

The first thing I would do when I zone into guk is a cc (camp check). Next I would pick the camp I wanted to go to if none were open and send the leader a tell asking if there was a list. If there was not one I would ask to be next on the list. When someone logged out of the group I would get a message telling me to come on down.

People have been using lists since the game came out. It's not that it's not classic. There's just now a feature in game to help people do it and ensure they are properly honoring the list.
The huge aspects of lists in classic that you are skirting is that they could, and certainly were, abused in classic. With the modern 2019 /list, the playing field erodes the edge that liars could easily maintain.

"if the rules are all you use to determine what you should or shouldn't do, you're probably an a-hole" -soup

Hooden • Xegony enchanter '00 - '02 • <Aeternus> from SoD '06 - '07
Old 12-04-2019, 03:27 AM
Banned

It only needs a feature to take people off the list that dont engage the mob or placeholder within 10minutes
Old 12-04-2019, 03:39 AM
Fire Giant

lol sad people trying to re-live the past and trying to do the things you never did

it's 2019 not 1999, live with it and stop crying

grats you are player_15445 who got a manastone while everyone on teal/grean has one
Old 12-04-2019, 02:05 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuklak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The huge aspects of lists in classic that you are skirting is that they could, and certainly were, abused in classic. With the modern 2019 /list, the playing field erodes the edge that liars could easily maintain.
Right so why's it a bad thing that it "erodes the edge that liars could easily maintain"

Are we supposed to be backing liars now?