Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 12-04-2019, 12:40 AM
Planar Protector

They are going to power up what they want faster than the average players regardless, it doesn't change much to slow them down a little bit. Its not like this is a plat dupe being ignored or something, but it is kinda cheesy that they knowingly allow it to exist. The hardcore blue99'ers had their eyes on this item in discord chats etc well before green launched.
Old 12-04-2019, 12:52 AM
Planar Protector

If they're not using wands they will find another way. You can't control neckbeards. They will find away. Stop allowing yourself to be triggered how other people play the game in a way that largely doesn't effect you.

Nuggie / Celelilly / Zackattacker - not guilded <TAKP>
RETIRED Nuggiemag - <Sodden Seakings> formerly Ironborn

Nuggie - Undead Mage on Old Blanchy (Classic WoW)
RETIRED - Nuggie / Celelilly / Conavar - <Omni> formerly <Vesica Dei> P99
Duggie/Wuggie <Mythic Legends> EQ1-Lanys

On to the Future in Pantheon
Old 12-04-2019, 01:05 AM
Fire Giant

This has been done on blue for years, there are just more, better places to do it there so I guess there was never an outcry because they weren't taking one of the few 40+ camps.

Honestly, it sounds like you are a quad kiter who is mad that there camp was taken by a non quad kiter who was quad kiting more efficiently/easily than you could.
Old 12-04-2019, 01:06 AM
Sarnak

Rumor has it you can buy these wands off of vendors if you catch them at the right time.
Old 12-04-2019, 05:40 AM
Planar Protector

i reported this in the exploit forum over a month ago....
Old 12-04-2019, 06:43 AM
Fire Giant

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i reported this in the exploit forum over a month ago....
How is it an exploit though? They are using an item in a way it was intended, by clicking the charges. They are not abusing the items effect, it's an aoe, they are using it as such. And they are the using the extremely common and well known recharging bug, which is in fact, classic from everything I've read/heard. And that the GM's are fully aware of, and allow, heck I've even seen them oversee people recharging their items after the infamous puppet strings "robbery".
Old 12-04-2019, 07:20 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreenk317 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How is it an exploit though? They are using an item in a way it was intended, by clicking the charges. They are not abusing the items effect, it's an aoe, they are using it as such. And they are the using the extremely common and well known recharging bug, which is in fact, classic from everything I've read/heard. And that the GM's are fully aware of, and allow, heck I've even seen them oversee people recharging their items after the infamous puppet strings "robbery".
Weren't they nerfed on blue?
Old 12-04-2019, 07:46 AM
Sarnak

Doesn't seem like an exploit to me, just someone using the game mechanics to their advantage

Artelius 50 Ranger
Old 12-04-2019, 08:39 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Weren't they nerfed on blue?
no

Nuggie / Celelilly / Zackattacker - not guilded <TAKP>
RETIRED Nuggiemag - <Sodden Seakings> formerly Ironborn

Nuggie - Undead Mage on Old Blanchy (Classic WoW)
RETIRED - Nuggie / Celelilly / Conavar - <Omni> formerly <Vesica Dei> P99
Duggie/Wuggie <Mythic Legends> EQ1-Lanys

On to the Future in Pantheon
Old 12-04-2019, 09:28 AM
Orc

There are lots of things on P1999, I would call an exploit:
  • Item recharging
  • Multi-questing
  • Looking through walls
  • etc...

Just to name a few. It is pretty obvious that they were originally oversights or bugs, that just never got fixed. I will bet phat-plats that none of these were described in the original design-document as "features".

Fixing all those would make P1999, a much more polished and consistent game imho.

It is fine that veterans can gain an advantage in the game by in-depth knowledge of game-mechanics, but purposely leaving old exploits open just to cater to the veterans, isn't exactly what I would call good game-design. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

The P1999 staff is in a better position than Sony ever was: They are not financially dependent on specific deadlines. They actually have the luxury of taking their time and do things better than Sony, no x-mas deadline and all the bugs have already been discovered. (If only someone would leak the source-code, that reverse-engineering must be superhard...)
Last edited by Firepuff; 12-04-2019 at 09:47 AM..
Closed Thread