Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2019, 08:46 PM
Sarnak

I would probably reroll the Necro instead of continuing it.

Some farms spots I think while leveling if you wanted to try to continue the Necro to make a few plat while you can right now... I made I think 3-4k doing Gargoyles in Ocean of Tears when I was leveling my Necro a long time ago. You can start around level 21? 22? I can't say for sure since it has been a while. I think I mostly agro/fear kited around the island, just be careful not to agro extra stuff if you can, but you have FD to prevent a potential death & xp loss.

The gargoyles drop Gargoyle eyes which vendor for almost 10pp per, you should be able to get at least 9pp. They are stackable, so even if you can't find someone to vendor with (iksar can't vendor in OOT I don't think, if you eventually come here as iksar), you can still just come with a bunch of bags and load up as much as you want.

Next best place I think are the treants in South Karana, maybe guards in some other spots not sure good luck.
Old 01-30-2019, 10:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSurgeon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When you cast them at the same rate as an iksar you hover from 40-60% life, while the iksar is in the 80 and 90 percent. Staying topped means less mana, means you're safer at a cost of mana efficiency. However, you can play at the same rate while being lower on life and living on the edge. Almost like the edge of a knife. If someone wants the best raid battery, go Iksar. But, if you just want to farm gear/plat all races perform at the same rate, especially when charm comes into play. All but one just require you to play more carefully.
What you are really saying is it's the option of the iksar if they so choose to sacrifice efficiency for safety-- but a non iskar can just as easily opt for the same safety at the cost of efficiency as well. So you once again end up with the iksar being more efficient, not necessarily safer.
Old 01-30-2019, 11:45 PM
Fire Giant

Play your gnome. Necros are an awesome solo class, regardless of race. F the min max idiots.
Old 01-30-2019, 11:48 PM
Fire Giant

Min maxers are basically retards who do not know how to play a very simple game and need to game their stats in order to survive
Old 01-31-2019, 07:06 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Race is irrelevant. Play what you want to look at.
This ^

Also necro is largely a solo class. Perfect for farming HS for a month, make 100k pp and twink a melee character.
Old 01-31-2019, 10:29 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What you are really saying is it's the option of the iksar if they so choose to sacrifice efficiency for safety-- but a non iskar can just as easily opt for the same safety at the cost of efficiency as well. So you once again end up with the iksar being more efficient, not necessarily safer.
Efficiency can be measured in kills/per hour, or exp/per hour.

Kills/per hour is directly proportional to mana generation.

Iksar and non-iksar have the same mana generation, so their kills per hour and thus their efficiency are equal.

The difference at the lower levels is quite minimal, as the iksar regeneration and lich line of spells offset very little health and most solo leveling camps have significant downtime (making efficiency irrelevant), and once you get higher it means that while the Iksar is at 90% health with lich on, the non-iksar is at 50% health with lich on (In cases of root rotting). When charming both classes are at the same health, because Deflux (lifetap) is the method to kill a ~5% health broken charmed pet. All races kill at the same speed when it comes to charming. When root rotting comes into play Bond of Death (Dot Lifetap) will be cast by the non-iksar every other mob instead of one out of three. That's 60 extra mana the iksar has compared to the non-Iksar out of several minutes. This amount of mana is insignificant and negligible when it returns in 12 seconds of several minute long fights where you are sitting anyway. It has no relation to exp/per hour.

However, when you are dumping all of your mana into clerics in a raid, and then questioning every decision you've made in life that lead you to the stalest endgame role, Iksar is leaps and bounds ahead of all over races because to cast any lifetap is a waste and against the very reasons for being in the raid.

Verdict:

If you are going to raid you must be Iksar, or you're simply not efficient. If you're going to level and farm gear or platinum, you should have made an enchanter, but if you made a necro any race will do.
Old 01-31-2019, 11:55 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Play any race / class combination you want, don't listen to the nerds. I play a DE Necro and I can do everything an Iksar can. I just don't have the worst look in EQ.

Also you can farm sisters in OOT at level 24+, if you bind at the merchant on the island closer to freeport you can make some pretty decent money (its something like 15 or 20pp a kill). IIRC it nets you about 250pp an hour ? Been so long I might be wrong.
Old 01-31-2019, 11:58 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSurgeon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

If you are going to raid you must be Iksar, or you're simply not efficient. If you're going to level and farm gear or platinum, you should have made an enchanter, but if you made a necro any race will do.
Or you can not be a noob and have https://wiki.project1999.com/Holgresh_Elder_Beads

Or even better you can play necro properly in raid and be part of the pull team and reroll a mage for feeding mana.
Old 01-31-2019, 12:06 PM
Fire Giant

Anyone who thinks a necro is JUST a mana battery on a raid has clearly never pulled in ToV. Necros are just as important as monks in the pull game there.
Old 01-31-2019, 12:11 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baylan295 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Anyone who thinks a necro is JUST a mana battery on a raid has clearly never pulled in ToV. Necros are just as important as monks in the pull game there.
Either way, a snoozefest.
Closed Thread