Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Old 09-02-2023, 06:00 PM
Fire Giant

Without a bracer, use calm. We used calm for 9 years here until the pacify duration charm just fine. Breaks every room without issue in the game except one in east wing HS.
Old 09-03-2023, 07:37 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Was soloing it at 44 on green in rubicicte and classic cha gear... You are doing something profoundly wrong.
Yes, yes I am. I've only been playing for about a year, and this was my first attempt at soloing on a cleric. Can you help me figure it out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcbrown [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I made three attempts to break the ass/sup room. First attempt, I didn't think the greens would assist the named. Dumb mistake, compounded because I kept nuking instead of gating out, so I died. Second attempt, I Calmed the greens by using IVU to climb up and target them, but I took too long and by the time I got the second calmed, the first one timed out, so I had to gate out when I pulled two. I think there was a pather that I had to root/calm/atone which is why it took too long. Third attempt, right when I got the two greens Pacified, the puller for an xp group popped in and snagged the named, so I quit in frustration.
Is there a way to target the mobs in the ass/sup room without using IVU and climbing up the ladder into their little loft? Once I get a single pull, should I be root/nuking or face nuking?

Also, my gear still sucks. I've got a bunch of fine plate and the charisma of a dwarf.
Old 09-03-2023, 09:34 PM
Fire Giant

LGuk; near the ghoul lord
Old 09-05-2023, 04:27 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcbrown [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes, yes I am. I've only been playing for about a year, and this was my first attempt at soloing on a cleric. Can you help me figure it out?

Is there a way to target the mobs in the ass/sup room without using IVU and climbing up the ladder into their little loft? Once I get a single pull, should I be root/nuking or face nuking?

Also, my gear still sucks. I've got a bunch of fine plate and the charisma of a dwarf.
To clarify, are you trying to fight Ass/Sup for a bag or belt? If so, level up a bit and try it again later.

If not, that's a bad exp spot. You should fight anywhere else in LGuk as that's way too tough for your situation. Go to Cavalier area and grind some exp. Next, go to Sentinel area. Afterwards, go to Lord area. That will take you through to 58-59 - and most importantly all of those spots have easy pulls with pacify LoS and have safe spots to med/afk.

Not mine, but this guy's videos should help you with Cavalier and Sentinel camps.

- Sentinel
- Cavalier

Keep at it! LGuk is a cool zone to master.
Last edited by Tooboredtoquit; 09-05-2023 at 04:32 PM..
Old 09-05-2023, 05:01 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Paci is prob overkill most of the time if youÂ’re trying to just crawl go with calm to save mana if you donÂ’t need paci duration. But yea best to just get bracer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Without a bracer, use calm. We used calm for 9 years here until the pacify duration charm just fine. Breaks every room without issue in the game except one in east wing HS.
Yeah, 100%. In hindsight, I was an idiot using pacify the whole way down. I assumed that calm had a lower reduction in aggressiveness and it wouldn't be effective, I was wrong and I can confirm that calm works just fine for the crawl.

I actually did the crawl 2 more times. First, my dumb-ass didn't actually bind at docks the first time, lol. Second, I was helping someone get a corpse in a bad spot. In both cases I used calm instead of pacify and I was much more IDGAF with my roots keeping it moving overall.

Once the initial first time jitters are done the crawl is not terrible, still sucks big time when zone is empty, but not too awful after learning some of the monster locations.

Regarding the camp itself, I've had some new insights and my perception has changed a bit... I think it is better than KC upon review for this specific niche of undead soloing on a Cleric. Some of the KC basement mobs, Soldiers, have too much HP and they are the blue cons for me there. Whereas in the Hole, the blue con Fallen Erudites have a bit more manageable HP (still more than Wiki says, but it's doable).

In case this helps a future Cleric -

- You don't need IVU to break the first 3 skeletons as the middle Fallen Erudite doesn't get feisty unless you go further into hallway than required to LoS the first 2 skeletons in the left and right rooms.

- With my mana pool, 2550, pushing for 3 kills before a respawn is barely doable. A fight with some bad root breaks or having to heal myself and I'm behind. Super chill for 2 monsters though if you're not a try hard or have bad gear like me.

- On that note, having the Ghost spawn in the first 2 rooms is a blessing as he is not aggressive and not social with the other monsters. I did not initially notice this for a while. As a result, you get a very easy 2-monster "Dad camp" as there's no need for pacify to pull singles now.

- 60/40 split of green and blue cons at 59. Regardless, 4 kills per 1% exp over a big enough sample to be confident in that rate (this rate was before double-exp bonus from the current holiday weekend).

- Root does seem to break more than desired on the blue cons, but whatever.

- I've oddly had a few random skeletons choose to run which must be a glitch. DO NOT chase them up the stairs and out into the graveyard haha!

- Ghost runs on low health as expected, I let him go once as I was half-AFK and it took him 30+ minutes to come back and he did not aggro me when he walked back by and brought no monsters with him. He has been spinning on the tombstone in a circle since then, BIG MAD and steaming I presume.
Last edited by Tooboredtoquit; 09-05-2023 at 05:07 PM..
Old 09-05-2023, 05:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tooboredtoquit [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Regarding the camp itself, I've had some new insights and my perception has changed a bit... I think it is better than KC upon review for this specific niche of undead soloing on a Cleric. Some of the KC basement mobs, Soldiers, have too much HP and they are the blue cons for me there. Whereas in the Hole, the blue con Fallen Erudites have a bit more manageable HP (still more than Wiki says, but it's doable).
pretty big ZEM difference too iirc
Old 09-05-2023, 05:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tooboredtoquit [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Y

- I've oddly had a few random skeletons choose to run which must be a glitch. DO NOT chase them up the stairs and out into the graveyard haha!
wow where is that chortles thread where he didnt believe an undead mob ran from an enchanter in HS?

there was a character deletion bet made but i dont think either one followed through to get proof

it can happen!
Old 09-06-2023, 01:28 PM
Planar Protector

FYI I created https://wiki.project1999.com/The_Hole_Undead_Crypt from this thread (and added it to the Per-Level Hunting Guide). Great write-ups: now my Cleric has somewhere new and fun to try!

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 09-16-2023, 01:29 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
FYI I created https://wiki.project1999.com/The_Hole_Undead_Crypt from this thread (and added it to the Per-Level Hunting Guide). Great write-ups: now my Cleric has somewhere new and fun to try!
Nicely Done!
Old 09-21-2023, 12:55 PM
Kobold

Oh man! Thanks so much for doing this! I'm honored, Loramin!
I have recorded a video of solo crawling a cleric to the spot that I am going to narrate and upload soon. I'll be sure to post it and update that wiki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]