Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 06-07-2016, 10:04 PM
Aviak

Default Bard Leveling Spots For Gear

I'm currently playing a bard (lvl 14) that I have twinked in a very small way. Just a set of banded, Symphonic Saber, and Sionache's Partizan. I don't want to spend too much of my druid's plat adding more, so I want to group in dungeons where I can get some useful loot. Even if they are just minor upgrades from banded I want to try and get those drops in groups instead of buying them. Where are some good spots for me to get some groups to accomplish this?

I know I obviously need to spend some time in MM to get some instruments. I also think Unrest could provide some phat lewts. What do you guys think. Which zones/items should I prioritize and at what levels?
Old 06-07-2016, 11:17 PM
Sarnak

If you end up in MM GY around level 28-35, there is the avenging caitiff (spelling) who drops crested spauldors and crested helm and a couple of quest pieces for lambent drop in that area (black silk gloves and gypsy lute). Unrest basement 30+ can get you some dwarven work boots and if you don't have 5/55 rings yet, you can fill those slots with jagged bands. If you can get to the tower in unrest 30+ you can get a bloodstained mantle or a bloodstained tunic (not great for bards though and banded would probably be just as good but it looks red). Bar in unrest 24+ drops +5 cha earring and thick leather apron. If you head to Sol A 30+ you can probably wear some of those fiery vambraces. If you head to lower guk 30+you can probably loot some shin greaves and gauntlets from some of the entrance mobs which will also help when questing your lambent pieces (the vambraces too if I recall correctly). Hope this is what you were looking for.
Last edited by darkreap; 06-07-2016 at 11:23 PM..
Old 06-07-2016, 11:30 PM
Sarnak

Oh and kill the mino hero in steamfont at about level 35 for the quest piece for hero bracer. Not sure what level you can do it but the scavenger bracers in Warsliks woods can be obtained at a fairly low level. Kind of a pain to camp because of all the roaming casters.
Old 06-07-2016, 11:35 PM
Aviak

Yes this is quite helpful. My early 30s are going to be busy!