Quote:
Experience. When soloing with a pet, if the
pet inflicts at least half the damage on a
mob that dies, the pet will take up to half of
the experience. When grouping with a pet,
the chance of your pet taking experience,
and the amount of experience it takes, will
decrease significantly.
This is taken directly out of the Kunark Strategy Guide, so I'm guessing that either it was made this way from the start, or was changed in Kunark. Either way, I do strongly believe that it should be made this way so that it makes soloing a LOT less desirable.

http://www.4shared.com/document/gcy7...f_Kunark-.html

That's the PDF for the Ruins of Kunark strategy guide and it is extremely useful to see how game mechanics were back then.

Seriously, every time I see a fucking thread like this OH MYGOD THEY HAD 14 PEOPLE ITS OUR MOB LOL OURS OURS OURS YESSS I just want to fucking deathtouch the entire guild and despawn the mob.
Old 06-27-2010, 07:30 PM
Fire Giant

Bump.

Seriously, every time I see a fucking thread like this OH MYGOD THEY HAD 14 PEOPLE ITS OUR MOB LOL OURS OURS OURS YESSS I just want to fucking deathtouch the entire guild and despawn the mob.
Old 06-27-2010, 07:35 PM
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorgetrapper [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is taken directly out of the Kunark Strategy Guide, so I'm guessing that either it was made this way from the start, or was changed in Kunark. Either way, I do strongly believe that it should be made this way so that it makes soloing a LOT less desirable.
The way pets, damage, and exp interact has been tried several ways. I think the current implementation has been deemed acceptable, and there are no plans to change it.

Personally, I hate grouping. So coding anti-grouping stuff, would have to be done by another dev. I am for boxing. I am for soloing. I do not think it is fair to be forced to group and deal with asshats all the time.

Haynar
Old 06-27-2010, 07:47 PM
Fire Giant

Not to argue with you about it, but even though it's classic, and it could probably be coded to be done, it won't be?

Old 06-27-2010, 09:05 PM
Sarnak

my understanding was that this has already been tried? or at least something very similar.
Old 06-27-2010, 09:43 PM
Fire Giant

Send a message via MSN to Jify

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The way pets, damage, and exp interact has been tried several ways. I think the current implementation has been deemed acceptable, and there are no plans to change it.

Personally, I hate grouping. So coding anti-grouping stuff, would have to be done by another dev. I am for boxing. I am for soloing. I do not think it is fair to be forced to group and deal with asshats all the time.

Haynar
<3 Haynar.

I'd love you x2 as much if I could AE kite though.. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-28-2010, 02:28 AM
Developer

Although this works perfectly fine with with a magician or necro, as an enchanter I find that I almost -never- have any DD spell memmed as there are far too many spells to be memorized than there are spell gems for every day enchanter stuff.

I don't think this makes sense for enchanters. When charming I lose an extremely valuable spell gem just to ping the mob for a few points of damage where it could be put to use for a stun or other useful gem that could save my life.

Velious will help with this once we can make a Blue Ceramic Band:

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=14673
Old 06-28-2010, 02:49 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ropethunder [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Although this works perfectly fine with with a magician or necro, as an enchanter I find that I almost -never- have any DD spell memmed as there are far too many spells to be memorized than there are spell gems for every day enchanter stuff.

I don't think this makes sense for enchanters. When charming I lose an extremely valuable spell gem just to ping the mob for a few points of damage where it could be put to use for a stun or other useful gem that could save my life.

Velious will help with this once we can make a Blue Ceramic Band:

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=14673
This is what melee weapons were invented for.

Don't have one? That's what hand to hand combat was invented for

Just Do It
Old 06-28-2010, 03:05 AM
Developer

As an enchanter it's good practice to stay way FAR away from your pet as possible. I don't think running up next to him and the engaged mob (who may have broken root) is a good idea.

And that's only suggesting I can actually hit him when I get that close.
Old 06-28-2010, 08:11 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Haynar
I'd <3 him x255 if enchanters could charm solo again with a reasonable amount of cha of course, say 150+ cha for stable charms and 200+ for full duration charms of anything blue or lower. Whites or higher on the other hand should be limited to half duration or less, depending on cha.

A new character thus has to grind out some plat to buy all the necessary cha gear to be a good charm solo'er prior to having a really good cha buff to cast on ones self. While someones twink could charm solo a lot sooner though probably not reliably as they would still need high enough levels for decent cha buffs unless they are also pl'd by another enchanter.

The level limit on charm should be as a comparrison to the enchanters level since it prevents mass xp income from reds and yellows. With a charmed pet taking half xp almost every time, and being blue in order to be a sustainable charm, that should keep solo xp in line with group xp if not worse.

So yah, half xp if pet does half the damage or better, and let chanters charm solo again so I can <3 yah!
Closed Thread