Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Old 01-26-2023, 08:02 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What other advise can we give?
Maybe none. I didn't ask for an infinite amount of advice. I asked what erudite-specific gear I'm missing out on for my SK.
Old 01-26-2023, 08:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Here's a curious exercise: What's the best character you can build with a budget of 500P per slot, 2500 for weapon? Call it the Junkman Challenge.
Enchanter.
Old 01-26-2023, 08:05 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I do not agree, Shamwowi. In his very first post he explicitly laid out his requirements. Advice that does not fit the stated requirements is worthless, and that's the fault of the person giving it. If I'm doing wind loading calculations for a wood frame structure, someone moseying by suggesting I switch to steel when the requirement calls for wood is of no help. Have to work within the requirements laid out. That's why they're requirements.

In this game you can either be bad at it and raid and get really nice stuff, be good at it and not raid and get middling stuff, or be bad and not raid and then you're stuck with junk. Take your pick.
I don’t entirely disagree but in many cases it’s not a bad thing to try to get a person to consider thing they may have written off for all the wrong reasons. It’s not terrible to suggest a person could expand their horizons or that they might have an incorrect idea about something. However, given his over the top temper tantrum I think it’s pretty obvious why he doesn’t want to interact with a guild.
Old 01-26-2023, 08:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Here's a curious exercise: What's the best character you can build with a budget of 500P per slot, 2500 for weapon? Call it the Junkman Challenge.
I understand where you are coming from, but OP has already said he has a full set of https://wiki.project1999.com/Guardian_Armor and https://wiki.project1999.com/Silver_Chitin_Hand_Wraps.

That is going to be better or on par with anything you could come up with via the Junk Man challenge (love the name hehe).

He is honestly at the point where Narandi Crown is the type of item he is looking for in terms of an upgrade. That or maybe the Skyshrine/Kael No Drop Armor quests.

I think this is why nobody can satisfy OP's request. If he was in all Leather/Banded, there are a lot more options in terms of upgrades.

Honestly that is why I didn't think he would have a problem with farming. Clearly he has the time to do it.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 01-26-2023 at 08:12 PM..
Old 01-26-2023, 08:41 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think this is why nobody can satisfy OP's request. If he was in all Leather/Banded, there are a lot more options in terms of upgrades.
... My request WAS satisfied. It was answered by Snaggles, Jimjam, Encroaching Death, and strongNpretty, with some details offered by others. I even got one of the items recommended. It was quite a scary, adventurous little quest to get too. Real wholesome EQ stuff.

See, they actually responded to the question which is why I took their advice.

This wasn't supposed to be a thread about the merits of raiding. I didn't make it about that. You did.
Last edited by stealthbeast; 01-26-2023 at 08:44 PM..
Old 01-26-2023, 08:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealthbeast [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
... My request WAS satisfied. It was answered by Snaggles, Jimjam, Encroaching Death, and strongNpretty, with some details offered by others. I even got one of the items recommended. It was quite a scary, adventurous little adventure to get too. Real wholesome EQ stuff.

See, they actually responded to the question.

This wasn't supposed to be a thread about the merits of raiding. I didn't make it about that. You did.
We actually responded to your question too. Next time don't get so angry about people trying to help you. If you have a platinum limit or some other detail, let it be known early. You can indeed get something like a Narandi Crown without raiding, so it was not outside of the requirements you set in your original post.
Old 01-26-2023, 08:52 PM
Orc

Quote:
We actually responded to your question too. Next time don't get so angry about people trying to help you. If you have a platinum limit or some other detail, let it be known early. You can indeed get something like a Narandi Crown without raiding, so it was not outside of the requirements you set in your original post.
Uhhh are you remembering what this thread is actually about? It's about erudite-specific items. You'd have a point if the Narandi Crown was an erudite only item, or at least not usable by 'ALL'. That thing should never have been brought up in the first place, it's completely irrelevant.
Old 01-26-2023, 08:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealthbeast [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Uhhh are you remembering what this thread is actually about? It's about erudite-specific items. You'd have a point if the Narandi Crown was an erudite only item, or at least not usable by 'ALL'. That thing should never have been brought up in the first place, it's completely irrelevant.
Ice Forged Shackles aren't Erudite only, but I don't see you complaining about those. Sliver Chitin Hand Wraps are All/All, and Guardian Armor is basically All races.

Just for clarity, people don't generally refer to "race specific items" as items that have 5 specific races listed on them. https://wiki.project1999.com/Greenmist is what people would call a "race specific item", because it is Iksar exclusive. That may be where some of the confusion is coming from. It seems like your definition of "race specific item" is items that specifically list the race on it, even if there are 10 races listed, and "All" isn't valid because the item doesn't list "ERU". That is not a common interpretation.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 01-26-2023 at 09:06 PM..
Old 01-26-2023, 09:04 PM
Planar Protector

Inb4 1000 pages
Old 01-26-2023, 09:06 PM
Orc

Quote:
Ice Forged Shackles aren't Erudite only, but I don't see you complaining about those.
Technically true, I didn't anticipate being thrust this far under the microscope, but I would say the shackles, while not erudite specific, are still very much in the spirit of the question as they're not usable by ogre/troll, and they indeed ended up being PHENOMENAL fashion.

Nice try making me look as bad as possible though, I really appreciate the sheer effort put into derailing my thread, being told that I can't be satisfied when I am, and suggesting I should probably just leave EQ.

Real classy stuff. Really makes me want to join a guild with like a hundred you's and maybe give my cell number to them, who knows.