Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Old 01-02-2024, 08:26 AM
Large Rat

Default Iksar Shaman - Solo Challenges?

Hey Shamans,

I'm looking at making an iksar shaman because I think they look cool, but wanted to get some experienced solo shamans takes first.
Is missing out on JBB going to hinder me on any solo challenges or is it mostly just for powerleveling yourself?

Cheers Nerds!
Old 01-02-2024, 09:33 AM
Planar Protector

lack of JBB wont hinder any solo challenges its not needed for anything at 60 w/ a full spell kit

its great for leveling but you're better off finding a geared monk or warrior to duo with and not ever clicking it anyway
Old 01-02-2024, 10:57 AM
Planar Protector

As Toxigen said, JBB isn't necessary for any endgame content.

I still use mine at 60, JBB isn't just for powerleveling. Saving spell slots is always very nice on a Shaman.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=umuVBewCNgY - An example of using JBB on Cliff Golems. I did 5000ish damage with JBB, which is 1/6th of it's life.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 01-02-2024 at 10:59 AM..
Old 01-02-2024, 11:28 AM
Large Rat

Thanks for the info guys! Not worried about missing out on the convenience. I just didnt want to be hindered end game [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-02-2024, 12:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by MossyG [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks for the info guys! Not worried about missing out on the convenience. I just didnt want to be hindered end game [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No problem! Good luck with your new Shaman. They are a ton of fun.
Old 01-04-2024, 12:09 AM
Planar Protector

I had a JBB and was a race that could click it.

I sold my JBB because, at 60, it wasn’t worth it.

You aren’t missing out.

It’s a cheese tool for levels 45-51. After that … who cares.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
you're better off finding a geared monk or warrior to duo with and not ever clicking it anyway
This.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Last edited by Troxx; 01-04-2024 at 12:11 AM..
Old 01-04-2024, 12:46 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It isn't. JBB will level you from 45-60 easily if you can't afford an Epic. It's still useful at 60, I use it quite a bit. This is a common misconception from people who haven't played their Shaman's enough, or just never had a JBB.
Old 01-04-2024, 04:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I had a JBB and was a race that could click it.

I sold my JBB because, at 60, it wasn’t worth it.

You aren’t missing out.

As an Iksar shaman (fashion > JBB), I approve this message.
Old 01-04-2024, 05:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tann [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As an Iksar shaman (fashion > JBB), I approve this message.
It is fine to prefer fashion over function. Nothing wrong with that!

Saying JBB is only useful from levels 45-51 is simply false though. If you don't have Epic, JBB is going to level you faster than root rotting from 45-60. It just saves you so much mana when leveling, which reduces downtime so you can kill more things per hour. Once you hit 60 it is still useful too. You can finish off mobs that are almost dead instead of wasting mana on a fresh DoT. You can add damage to a long fight like WW Dragons when all of your DoTs/Debuffs are already applied and you have nothing else to cast at the time. It is great for killing lower level mobs if you are doing something like farming Droga for Salts/Skins.
Old 01-05-2024, 01:10 AM
Planar Protector

Usually between understating and overstating the middle has some truth. If you have an epic, fungi, and especially at 60 with torp it has limited appeal. Until then to kill a 4.5k hp solo with bane it’s going to take your pet and two casts, maybe an ebolt finisher. Thats like 1200 mana with root. Otherwise 30 mana roots and it’s 17 clicks. Which is annoying but likely more efficient.

I bought and sold mine a few times. I pushed to 60 on a single spawn every 7 mins. Dots work fine. A melee partner is even better. A JBB is a handy tool. If you add a melee most the shaman tricks aren’t quite as necessary. If you can slow it and can keep up with heals it doesn’t matter what your other gear is, if you have an epic, or a JBB. The thing is gonna die.

Ultimately play what you like the most. Whether the look of the char or knowing you have some intrinsic perks. Either way you are content with the char and that’s what matters. You have to slog through the levels after all [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]