Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-25-2019, 11:25 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by nectarprime [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ah yes such hard "work". Great argument kiddo
Sounds like something someone who wants to sit at the top of the list and not kill the mob would say.

Jack - Server First Erudite
Old 11-25-2019, 11:26 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaezil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Doesnt matter if its a rusty skeleton or nagafen. #1 on the list is entitled to the item. All the rest is just you projecting.
If you really would defend the system in the scenario I listed, you're kidding yourself. That wouldn't even be close to classic eq and blind defense of that specific scenario means you're just defending the status quo.
Zekdos - Troll SK
Old 11-25-2019, 11:27 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by eisenfaust [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
there are people in line that can kill him actually.. we just arent doing it for 1 solo rogue.
stubbornquest

edit:
It'd be really nice if there was some ethos here beyond greed though. Everybody likes to pretend it's about 'earning' the item but the less of these items the more valuable they'll be, so it's in no one's interest to help anyone else. As insane as it sounds waiting 80 hours on a petition to get one person thrown off a list is better than waiting 40 hours to help him get the item because all you're doing is lessening your own monopolization of power by getting someone an item you're trying to keep scarce. These items should just be made no trade and be done with it or just start it with them disabled. It's becoming a ZEM situation where by leaving something like this in all you're doing is encouraging behavior that is decidedly not classic and against the spirit of the server.
But certainly for the present age, which prefers the sign to the thing signified, the copy to the original, representation to reality, the appearance to the essence... illusion only is sacred, truth profane. Nay, sacredness is held to be enhanced in proportion as truth decreases and illusion increases, so that the highest degree of illusion comes to be the highest degree of sacredness.
-Feuerbach, Preface to the second edition of The Essence of Christianity
Last edited by worm4real; 11-25-2019 at 11:36 AM..
Old 11-25-2019, 11:29 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack N [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sounds like something someone who wants to sit at the top of the list and not kill the mob would say.
would love to know what level he is, and what camp he is afk listing at right now, while he plays his teal character.

ah well, classic is classic.
Old 11-25-2019, 11:29 AM
Kobold

Come back to the camp when you're actually able to hold it. This should be a requirement.

Jack - Server First Erudite
Old 11-25-2019, 11:30 AM
Aviak

the halfling rogue that was number 1 on the list was city, forgot the rest i left the camp 5 minutes after figuring out the situation. nectarprime and/or tillien is probably city.

green server rubi bp camp
Old 11-25-2019, 11:32 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilgart112 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the halfling rogue that was number 1 on the list was city, forgot the rest i left the camp 5 minutes after figuring out the situation. nectarprime and/or tillien is probably city.

green server rubi bp camp
I'm not listing. My shaman is happy with non legacy items.

I don't really want to make a chanter, but honestly the evil eye in lower guk seems like a good pet, might make a chanter and charm him for an 18 hour xp session.
Old 11-25-2019, 11:33 AM
Kobold

I'm of the opinion that getting #1 on the list when you can't solo the camp is a dick move. If you require a group for the camp, then you should form a group to do it and roll to see what order people are on the list rather than one person holding the list hostage and begging people to help with the camp.

As suggested above, there should be a time limit for engaging the PH/Named before being removed from the list and a few minute lockout before being able to go back on the list.
Old 11-25-2019, 11:36 AM
Kobold

I dealt with this same problem at manastone.

I believe the List system was a way to give everyone an opportunity to content that would otherwise be passed from one friend to the next. Love it. Love it a lot.

The problem is content != Free pixels. List 1, you've earned right to farm the content. But it should be list 1's responsibility to form a group or solo.
Old 11-25-2019, 11:48 AM
Aviak

its been 3 hours now since i first checked and the spawn still hasnt been killed once. I dont know how long they have been there waiting but i first checked 3 hours ago.
Closed Thread