Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-16-2019, 06:15 PM
Sarnak

This was the camp that made me grow tired of EQ back in 2000 or so when I quit for the first time. I later came back for Kunark launch.

I camped it for a week I would sleep of course, had work back then, but other than sleeping and work I was camping him. Got the undead one first and never saw the live one.
Old 12-16-2019, 09:12 PM
Planar Protector

Id rather camp Manastone
Old 12-16-2019, 09:36 PM
Fire Giant

Yeah the item really isn't great for the time you put into it, but hey "I nEeD mOaR wiZdUm"

<The A-Team>
Old 12-16-2019, 11:42 PM
Skeleton

I feel like a lot of players have quit over this camp.
I also feel like this camp has the higher suicide rate ever.
Old 12-16-2019, 11:53 PM
Sarnak

I've got 3 done between Red and Blue, and now on Green I have the scythe from the live version on my mage ready to go when it becomes MQable. The nature of the camp is you just need to get 2 grimrots of ANY type and eventually you'll be able to find someone willing to trade for what you don't have. Just be prepared to recorpse and juggle those lore hearts and scythes every 5-6 days.
Old 12-17-2019, 12:06 AM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.J. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've got 3 done between Red and Blue, and now on Green I have the scythe from the live version on my mage ready to go when it becomes MQable. The nature of the camp is you just need to get 2 grimrots of ANY type and eventually you'll be able to find someone willing to trade for what you don't have. Just be prepared to recorpse and juggle those lore hearts and scythes every 5-6 days.
If only it really was 5-6 days.
Oh wait...

So on top of that it's not even MQable right now?
lol the dogshit level of this quest is rising.
Old 12-17-2019, 12:42 AM
Kobold

How dare the game not just give you loot, if you want instant gratification and EZ loot i hear WoW has a classic server, that game completely destroyed mmorpg genre with its instant gratification and EZ loot.
Old 12-17-2019, 02:21 AM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How dare the game not just give you loot, if you want instant gratification and EZ loot i hear WoW has a classic server, that game completely destroyed mmorpg genre with its instant gratification and EZ loot.
Somebody needs to go back to school to learn how to read the posts I've been writing!
Read and perhaps you may come up with an actual relevant reply.
Old 12-17-2019, 09:31 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nore [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If only it really was 5-6 days.
Oh wait...

So on top of that it's not even MQable right now?
lol the dogshit level of this quest is rising.
If you read the old Grimrot posts you'll see the devs weren't looking to make it easier, just more classic.

But when it comes to MQing it I don't know if it was always meant to be MQable, or if there was documentation that showed it should become MQable at a certain point. I presumed the latter but it might just be something they had not yet gotten around to back when p99 started up.
Old 12-17-2019, 10:40 AM
Fire Giant

Got this on Blue after weeks of checking the spawn every 3h12 by alarm. Sometimes losing camp to others when afk too long, etc. etc. Took around 20 days average probably 5 checks per day of the possible ~8 pops a day. Got undead version probably 5-6 times in this time, only saw Live one once and he almost wooped my clerics ass. I got really lucky, I ran out of mana (Level 38 I think) nuking him and some nice dude came by and saved me.

Definitely a brutal camp but the item is quite amazing for back slot for Clerics. ESPECIALLY in this era I would say more so than other era since the only other WIS item for back is the +4 wis mana cloak.
Closed Thread