Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-01-2020, 06:27 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by RipVanFish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
For whatever reason Teal’s economy is a graveyard, bear that in mind.
How do you figure? https://unixgeek.com/last-week-P1999Teal.html just in the last 7 days.
Old 01-02-2020, 12:18 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frug [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How do you figure? https://unixgeek.com/last-week-P1999Teal.html just in the last 7 days.
Have you experienced both? Teal’s feels so lifeless compared to Green. Most people who have seen both seem to corroborate this.
Old 01-02-2020, 05:17 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh right, Teal doesn't really have a porting guild. Dial a port exists there but it kind of doesn't.. and I don't mean to say there's a lack of druids (alongside wizards). There's not. Just gotta get your ports from your independant Wizard&Druid bros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Almost 27, give me a few more days and I'll be porting to a Druid locations near you!
Old 01-02-2020, 10:46 AM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by RipVanFish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
For whatever reason Teal’s economy is a graveyard, bear that in mind.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralistin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What does that mean?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBellamy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the reason is obvious once you think about why teal came into being and who transferred there
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeboim [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Teal upsides:
More laid back
Less poopsock
Kingdom is a relatively benevolent overlord
Less competition for camps

Teal Downsides:
Economy is pure trash, nothing worthwhile ever for sale
Have to actually hunt for groups or list at the most important spots, many zones are bring your own group.
Usually only like 1 DaP dude on
For the slow, there are not a lot of poopsockers on Teal. They stayed on green

Teal is what a player economy is supposed to look like compared to Green. Green is what price controlled shit ( zero fluctuations compared to real prices ) AKA most people are farming their gear not buying from the neckbeards on Teal and items get sold less frequently because of this. This goes for the sporting clans as well , it's not a ton of people boxing a druid for port cash.

Super happy I went Teal.
Old 01-02-2020, 11:25 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Have you experienced both? Teal’s feels so lifeless compared to Green. Most people who have seen both seem to corroborate this.
Agree with this. I wouldn't say it's a total graveyard on Teal, but compared to Green it is much much less. Almost not worth the time to try and sell things and just wait to sell them when the merge happens.
Old 01-02-2020, 11:32 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralistin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am coming back to play EQ again. I am trying to decide between Teal and Green server. I will be playing a druid and will mostly solo my way to 50 with some exceptions here and there. I won't need to find groups much and I sure would like to get a manastone before they go away. With that said is Teal my better option due to lower population even though it is not significantly less? Recommendations?
Remember that the original plan was to merge Teal into Green by Kunark at the latest. Staff said that's not set in stone, but they also haven't said they won't merge it. Basically last thing they said was it will merge.

You can probably safely pick either server and any difficulties you may have (finding groups or trades on Teal, finding open camps on Green maybe?) will be temporary.
Old 01-02-2020, 12:20 PM
Kobold

I fled to teal because of seal teams antics. So I suggest real.
Old 01-02-2020, 05:13 PM
Sarnak

I started on Green and didn't reroll Teal until well after the close date for transfers. My highest toon is a 28 warrior and I don't regret rerolling on Teal. There are fewer people on Teal, but in my experience there are per capita a LOT fewer bad people.

My two cents.
Closed Thread