Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-15-2011, 01:22 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwatt [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My rejoinder to some of the replies and questions follows.

...and nobody shouted or OOC'd regarding any mass AOE efforts....

In the end, although I still consider it a rather selfish over-use of resources, I can live with it, and probably will have to. But I really think it should be announced up front. Just because someone sees a group of people in the zone, it does not mean that said group is doing AOE work.
[/QUOTE]

Nobody groups there if they aren't doing AE pulls.
That said, most AE groups I've been in will announce pulls so people know 1. not to head their way and 2. that the huge empty areas will be respawning in about 6 minutes.

That said, trains happen all the time. If you have never zoned into a train in Sol B, you're pretty lucky.

Also, an easy way to know if you're going to zone into an AE train in skyfire is to watch for naked people bound outside the skyfire zl in BW. Most groups will persuade the cleric to bind there, and the wizards like to bind nearby so they can port to sell trash loot.
Old 07-15-2011, 06:53 AM
Sarnak

Nobody groups there if they aren't doing AE pulls.
That said, most AE groups I've been in will announce pulls so people know 1. not to head their way and 2. that the huge empty areas will be respawning in about 6 minutes.

That said, trains happen all the time. If you have never zoned into a train in Sol B, you're pretty lucky.

Also, an easy way to know if you're going to zone into an AE train in skyfire is to watch for naked people bound outside the skyfire zl in BW. Most groups will persuade the cleric to bind there, and the wizards like to bind nearby so they can port to sell trash loot.[/QUOTE]

My nightly group has camped there 3-4 times, but we also got trampled a time or 2 by the AE groups. I'm not going to wade in too deep about wrong or right, but it seems that there are many spots near zone walls(not at a ZL) that have the characteristics mentioned in above posts. If you want the big reward of AE grouping then you should take the risk included. About how long does it take to kill a swarm of mobs like that?...why not just do it in the middle somewhere flat....you've rounded them all up anyway...shouldn't be adds.

AND there is HUGE difference in a train in Sol B or anywhere for that matter and purposely pulling mobs to the zone line and potentially through others camps. Back when i played live it was an unwritten rule that you didnt pull through others camps for obvious reasons.

Just my 2c
Old 07-15-2011, 09:21 AM
Fire Giant

It's not possible to kill the mobs anywhere other than the zoneline. The bard must leave SF in order to transfer aggro to the cleric, who holds the mobs in place for the chanters to stun.
Old 07-15-2011, 09:27 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwatt [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
First of all, regarding the term "QQ". If my post is to be considered QQ then your calling my post QQ is QQ.
Ah yes, the pee wee herman defense.
Old 07-15-2011, 09:36 AM
Banned

most peeps doing AE now fail so I dont bother.

That whole risk v reward thing means now people who cant do it, dont have computers for it, or dont have connections for it fuck it for the rest of us sadly [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-15-2011, 12:23 PM
Fire Giant

Everybody has the computer for it, if you do the correct changes in your settings b4 you start. Nobody has the right computer for it, if they don't do the correct changes.
Last edited by Nedala; 07-15-2011 at 01:07 PM..
Old 07-16-2011, 02:17 AM
Banned

I can do it with everything maxxed out just perfectly actually.

Most people dont filter off spells etc though and fail.
Old 07-16-2011, 02:44 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivar Quartz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Discussed it with several players now and I played a wizard on live in this timeline, this AE spot was not doable in classic/kunark. Funny how chanters and pet classes ect get the nerf soloing 1 mob at a time, but resists in SF are fubar and AE groups are pulling 5% exp per pull. Guess it really doesnt matter this late after the kunark release.
We absolutely could and did do this aoe on live.
The ppl you talked to were misinformed QQ
Closed Thread