Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-05-2022, 04:49 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default New UI sakui - Classic style for 1080* resolution

Sorry, I lied, it's not exactly 1080. It was developed to be used in windowed mode at a resolution height of 1050. I myself play at 1920x1050 with the brightness increased (the screenshots may look darker because of that)... but Sakam, why that weird resolution? Because it is the perfect size to play in a window that covers your full 1920x1080 monitor.

Anyway, introducing my classic style interface:
Imgur Album

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Made using the old classic that's around the forum and Jibartik's velious UI which was an inmense help for this. After coming back to P99 I found some old UIs didn't work because windows had been removed and others were simply tiny, to the point where you can't read the text comfortably.
My purpose then was to make an interface that uses BIG (fontsize 5) text to prevent eye strain and big images in general. Some of them had to be custom made to fit while others were AI upscaled from the originals, like the spellbook.

For now it's made for classes that use spells. Pure melees don't have a Spellbar and that leaves an ugly hole. Melee version may come later

DOWNLOAD
========
(MEGA) > https://mega.nz/file/cA8V3IxC#bGcc7T...gI_WiyI3yVVEgM

INSTALLATION
=========
Unzip the folder sakui into your uifiles folder located inside your Everquest folder (i.e C:\EverQuest\uifiles\)
Optionally, you may use the provided UI_Player_project1999.ini. To do so, replace "Player" to your characters name in the game. (i.e. UI_Sakam_project1999.ini)

Since it's meant to be used for 1920x1050 or whatever width you want, you have to set your resolution in your eqclient.ini located in your everquest main folder.

[VideoMode]
Width=1920
Height=1050
WidthWindowed=1920
HeightWindowed=1050
WindowedWidth=1920
WindowedHeight=1050

KNOWN ISSUES
==========
Of course it has it's flaws, like the spells inside the spellbook have their red/blue marquee cut on one side. That's an unintended side effect from fitting the buffs in the buffwindow that I don't know how to fix.
The class animation is missing on the left sidebar but I have no idea how to make it use the correct class. I could put an animation there but it would have to be the same regardless of what job you're playing at the moment which may be odd.
The HELP, OPTIONS and PERSONA buttons are fake. They're included for aesthetics only, however the spells and the spellbook icon work to open your spellbook.

I've tested it extensively for a few weeks and should work fine, but feel free to post any bugs you may find.

-Sakam 51Druid Nunaly 34Wiz

PS: I'm on Blue and looking for a guild to casually raid during GMT hours [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]