Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2012, 03:52 PM
Planar Protector

the thing though, in 2-4 months the pop will jump up again a few 100-300 peeps due to summer time
Old 02-20-2012, 04:39 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcbard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
One of my favorite sites: http://www.informationisbeautiful.net/
that is awesome!
Old 02-25-2012, 01:53 AM
Planar Protector

QUESTION: anyone want to try to make a Race popularity chart? (how many people play what race?)
Old 03-06-2012, 09:42 PM
Kobold

just wanted to bump this.
pretty cool thread. thanks for the original info charts OP!

would love to get more detailed info on class/level combined, as well as race.
Old 03-07-2012, 08:57 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakkily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the thing though, in 2-4 months the pop will jump up again a few 100-300 peeps due to summer time
And there'll be 20 paladins instead of the 15 I saw last night [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-07-2012, 09:06 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigforest [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I couldn't believe it either - maybe I shouldn't have jumped to that conclusion.

But why at all times was the pop number on project1999.org 20 or so higher than the total number of /who all counts? Guides /GMS?
The pop numbers from project1999.org are the same numbers provided by the server list. I would bet these numbers are "people connected to the server", which would include people sitting at character select. These accounts (people) are logged into the server, but do not have a character in the game world (therefore would not show up on a /who count). 26 seems very reasonable in that case.
Old 03-07-2012, 11:05 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by falkun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The pop numbers from project1999.org are the same numbers provided by the server list. I would bet these numbers are "people connected to the server", which would include people sitting at character select. These accounts (people) are logged into the server, but do not have a character in the game world (therefore would not show up on a /who count). 26 seems very reasonable in that case.
Yeah, I'm on board with this accounting for the discrepancy. People tend to take sudden and/or long afks from EQ, or just log off their character for a bit to stay safe but intend to come back, so it makes sense there would be quite a few people just sitting at the log in screen.

I'm quite surprised that there are so many freaking druids. Everything I've read has always seemed to indicate clerics + shamans > druids at high levels. But I guess there are a lot of solo players/farmers who are in it for the travel spells, heals and kiting. Now that I think about it, sounds more or less like what Live was like back in 2000. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-09-2012, 04:26 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by falkun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would bet these numbers are "people connected to the server", which would include people sitting at character select.
This is the most reasonable explanation I've heard or considered. Thanks!

All new sets of data coming next week...
Old 03-23-2012, 12:11 PM
Sarnak

Any new data? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-23-2012, 01:09 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phased [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Tonight there was not a single 30-39 warrior, paladin, or SK for over an hour. After seeing that graph it definitely makes sense why.
Not sure why people are always complaining about the lack of tanks. I'm a Pally in my 30's, and I can sit LFG for 2-3 hours at a time and not get a single tell. We might be low in number, but we also don't seem to be highly desirable. Instead, groups I join are usually lacking some form of crowd control.
Closed Thread