Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs > Velious Beta > General Beta Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 07-31-2015, 03:37 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is the sort of style I favor to prevent leap frogging, encourage clearing a little trash and less herpderp trains.

Clearing the 2 entry drakes in NToV, 20 minutes to engage Aaryonar.
Kill Aaryonar, 30minutes to engage your next NToV dragon. 20-30min to engage each of the next successive NToV Dragons.
Break entry 2 wurms/roamers in HoT, 20 minutes to engage Dozekar.
Etc.

Things like the above allow guilds to earn their clears and not have to deal with people leapfrogging and sniping shit. Especially in NToV. As it stands Rampage is the only guild to have killed Aaryonar on beta, however many of the rest of the NToV dragons are weak in comparison. It's going to be shitty for them to see some random guild run past them and pull another dragon that's easier with solid loot after they cleared the gatekeeper.

But using FTE rules that's exactly what's gonna happen.
I don't know if getting FTE on the first mob (and killing) should just single handily give you the entire circle in NToV. You could argue that NToV could support two guilds, each going East and West, around the lava at the same time.

Training/leap frogging is going to be an issue until something is sorted out though. There's also the issue of Vulak'Aerr in that the guild that clears the last dragon (usually Lady Nev) is probably going to get sniped on a Vulak engage by another guild just waiting for said mob to drop.
Old 07-31-2015, 04:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sampten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think you're wrong there. People here are geared much better than they were at the time Velious dropped on Live.

In addition to that, there's no learning curve for the killing mobs. While new content for P99, this is content that's 15+ years old. Everybody already knows how to kill mob X,Y,Z or can quickly search the internet for videos/information pertaining to the mobs back in the day.

While killing Velious mobs is harder in that mobs hit for more, and have bigger AEs, and have more HP, and actually requires a bit of coordination instead of a zerg, the encounters themselves are not new to the player base.
The player base having better gear on this server is mostly irrelevant in regard to the class-R/casuals. It's more the infrastructure and player type that will restrict them. Taken has a chance because they have a working batphone, coordinating and the numbers of people that respond at all hours. Most other guilds outside of the current class-c don't have any hour numbers needed for velious encounters and moreso, many of them have very little velious experience (live or p99 beta)
Old 07-31-2015, 04:19 PM
Fire Giant

It's not perfect by far, but one idea I had for NTOV was bidding low numbers for Aaryonnar kills.

Winner gets first pick in a draft of NTOV dragons for X hours. So Kill aary with 35, you get first 2 picks, loser gets next X, then back and forth in some fashion. That preserves Aary as the classic NTOV bottle neck.
Old 07-31-2015, 04:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frieza_Prexus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Winner gets first pick in a draft of NTOV dragons for X hours. So Kill aary with 35, you get first 2 picks, loser gets next X, then back and forth in some fashion. That preserves Aary as the classic NTOV bottle neck.
That seems to be a method that heavily favors TMO or Rampage based entirely on a false-premise. Just because you were able to monopolize end-game raiding during Kunark does not mean you should be entitled to monopolize end-game raiding during Velious because you can do so with fewer people. I'm willing to bet that there are a few guilds that will be capable of clearing NToV shortly after day 1 if not on day 1 itself.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 07-31-2015, 05:47 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samoht [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That seems to be a method that heavily favors TMO or Rampage based entirely on a false-premise. Just because you were able to monopolize end-game raiding during Kunark does not mean you should be entitled to monopolize end-game raiding during Velious because you can do so with fewer people. I'm willing to bet that there are a few guilds that will be capable of clearing NToV shortly after day 1 if not on day 1 itself.
There's no perfectly even solution then short of a rotation or similar scheme. The staff has repeatedly stated that rules for the highest end of content, when they are necessary, will be set up to give advantage the strongest and most capable. It's The Vision that has been expressed here.

It's simply one idea in the public arena, not a panacea.
Last edited by Frieza_Prexus; 07-31-2015 at 05:54 PM..
Old 07-31-2015, 06:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samoht [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm willing to bet that there are a few guilds that will be capable of clearing NToV shortly after day 1 if not on day 1 itself.
If you weren't an anonymous troll, I'd take that bet.
Old 07-31-2015, 06:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you weren't an anonymous troll, I'd take that bet.
Don't hate me for calling you out on your bullshit.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 07-31-2015, 06:51 PM
Planar Protector

if you kill aary you should be allowed to pick which direction you want to take, but another guild is undoubtedly going to take the direction you didnt choose.
Old 07-31-2015, 07:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Don't hate me for calling you out on your bullshit.
See if you weren't an anonymous troll, you would have said 'I'm player X and I'll bet you 10k etc'.
Old 07-31-2015, 09:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
See if you weren't an anonymous troll, you would have said 'I'm player X and I'll bet you 10k etc'.
And if you weren't some jealous idiot, you'd quit calling me names.
Closed Thread