Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 12-20-2021, 11:02 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Lvl 53 Mage Fire Pet, what's the point?

Just got this pet and don't understand it's role. Fire pets have been my goto farming pet. Just got this one and threw it at a few Drolvargs (one at a time) near FV outpost and was disappointed by its performance. The pets damage shield was doing like 4 pts, and it occasionally cast a nuke. The pet seemed to run out of mana after a kill or so and was half dead after a fight.

What is the use case for this pet?

Thanks
Old 12-20-2021, 12:23 PM
Kobold

From what I understand, it isn't really useful. It could be used as a novelty if having a nuking pet is your thing, but it is outclassed by every other pet type level 51+

RED
Xeptna Stargaze, Evoker of the 52nd Solstice
Skraaa Katau, Shaman of the 39th Season
Ashnod the Uncaring, Cleric of the 36th Sacrifice
Old 12-20-2021, 02:10 PM
Fire Giant

Sadly the 50+ fire pets are useless. I don't know what they were thinking when they designed them. They stop meleeing all the time to cast their stupid spells.
Old 12-20-2021, 04:05 PM
Sarnak

At lvl53 while fearkiting with a Necro partner, is the best pet monster summoning 2?
Old 12-20-2021, 04:23 PM
Planar Protector

Honestly, as a level 60 mage, I never once used the fire pet seriously ... at any level.

Water was my main pet, for anything I could kill with one pet. The earth pet was my second main, for fighting anything that requires chaining pets. And the air pet was ... all I could use in Plane of Sky, so at least it got some use there [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

But fire? I guess it's good if you're fighting really low level blues, but I just never needed it at any of the camps I did.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 12-20-2021, 05:10 PM
Banned

Maybe vs a low hp caster. Air pet probably stuns and bashes more anyway.

I wouldn't know tho. Haven't gotten a 53 mage yet.
Old 12-20-2021, 05:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Honestly, as a level 60 mage, I never once used the fire pet seriously ... at any level.

Water was my main pet, for anything I could kill with one pet. The earth pet was my second main, for fighting anything that requires chaining pets. And the air pet was ... all I could use in Plane of Sky, so at least it got some use there [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

But fire? I guess it's good if you're fighting really low level blues, but I just never needed it at any of the camps I did.
You missed out on the level 12 fire pet. It SLAPS.
Old 12-20-2021, 06:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tewaz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You missed out on the level 12 fire pet. It SLAPS.
12 fire pet can eat most of Crushbone
Old 12-28-2021, 07:05 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by unleashedd [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
At lvl53 while fearkiting with a Necro partner, is the best pet monster summoning 2?
That or the 49 water pet. I used the monster summoning because it can be pretty funny
Fear kiting seafuries with a shark
Old 12-29-2021, 04:39 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowrat [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just got this pet and don't understand it's role. Fire pets have been my goto farming pet. Just got this one and threw it at a few Drolvargs (one at a time) near FV outpost and was disappointed by its performance. The pets damage shield was doing like 4 pts, and it occasionally cast a nuke. The pet seemed to run out of mana after a kill or so and was half dead after a fight.

What is the use case for this pet?

Thanks
If you actually want a fire pet in the 50+ range, you'll need to use DDD. It's got the damage shield you're looking for (45!), but cannot equip weapons (not as much of a problem now that swords are fixed, but that means no deadwoods). I have not tested whether it will equip a mask, however.
Closed Thread