Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-15-2011, 10:33 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default XP Zone suggestions for Bard/Necro duo

Hey Guys,

My brother and I have a 12 Necro and 9 Bard. Blackburrow XP has really slowed down, and we're looking for somewhere new to hunt.

XP is the most important, but we do need some cash for those expensive Necro spells =P. These are first run characters, so after purchasing half of my lvl 12 spells, we now have a grand total of 3 plat.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,
-Alex
Old 07-15-2011, 10:39 AM
Planar Protector

Bandits in WK (collecting sashes for turn-ins, although the necro might need shared wolf form from a druid to do those turn-ins) are ok. Oasis is a good default. The turn-in for bandit sashes is pretty lucrative - I think you get a bronze weapon pretty frequently as a result.

You could probably handle kurns pretty easily, but that's a long ways to travel...Befallen, Unrest, Upper Guk would also work.

If you need to make some quick plat, Nro around the inn have a crapton of decaying skels you could farm for bone chips and sell the stacks @ 10pp per.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbledorf View Post
I'll look into getting it changed to The Secret Order of the Silver Rose of Truth and Dragons.
Old 07-15-2011, 01:32 PM
Sarnak

Send a message via AIM to deakolt

Although the necro is already a little high for this, since ya'll are in BB already it might be worth a trip to Erud's Xing to kill Willowisps. Lightstones/Greater Lightstones = Huge cash.

Bulltrue
Deakolt
Old 07-15-2011, 01:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by deakolt [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Although the necro is already a little high for this, since ya'll are in BB already it might be worth a trip to Erud's Xing to kill Willowisps. Lightstones/Greater Lightstones = Huge cash.
True, and there are a ton of other mobs you can also kill which are slightly higher than the wisps, iirc...Although I think the cats will assist the spiders or something like that

Quote:
I'll look into getting it changed to The Secret Order of the Silver Rose of Truth and Dragons.
Old 07-15-2011, 01:39 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Necro is KOS to a guy in the center of the island in Erud's crossing. The erudite guy in the crater.

Accidentally aggroed him last night. My brother (the Bard) starts yelling for me to gate, which I did while he tried to camp. Of course, as soon as I gated, my pet despawned, which left the poor bard all alone on an island with no zone-line in sight and a big red aggro.

Now get this. Rather than accepting his fate and dying, he turns on Selo's and runs circles around that island for 10 minutes until the boat comes. He then runs circles around the boat until zoning into Erudin.

We're considering making the run to Upper Guk, I've always wanted to see that zone.

Oh, and my lvl 12 pet can't hit wisps... I thought he was supposed to have magical attack at this level, but I guess not?

Thanks for the suggestions guys.
Last edited by FAHall; 07-15-2011 at 01:43 PM..
Old 07-15-2011, 01:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAHall [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Now get this. Rather than accepting his fate and dying, he turns on Selo's and runs circles around that island for 10 minutes until the boat comes. He then runs circles around the boat until zoning into Erudin.
Haha, awesome job there

Quote:
Old 07-15-2011, 02:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAHall [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Haha, that is epic - kudos to him [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-15-2011, 02:09 PM
Aviak

Interesting, I play a necro and my wife became interested in P99 and made a bard. I was wondering how well they work as a duo. Sorry to derail but seems everyone else gave pretty good advice where to hunt already :-P
Old 07-15-2011, 02:25 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallammarr [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Interesting, I play a necro and my wife became interested in P99 and made a bard. I was wondering how well they work as a duo. Sorry to derail but seems everyone else gave pretty good advice where to hunt already :-P
We've done pretty well, but I haven't played EQ in so long, I don't know what would be considered "good".

The Necro Pet and Bard can take turns tanking, and if things get hairy (in an outdoor zone at least) the necro can grab aggro and kite... fear kiting works too, but at the lower levels the mana cost for fear is steep.

Another advantage we have is that the Bard's healing song coupled with Dark pact gives the necro a pretty steady manaflow without sacrificing life. It's probably what it feels like to be an Iksar with Dark pact on =P.

The last advantage I've found is that we're super versatile in groups. We've grouped with all tanks, all dps, and a variety and been able to fill the gaps. I've even been healer as the necro and we've done fine. For that, we had health song and dark pact up and I would alternate Dark Empathy with Lifespike... basically transerring life from the mob to our main tank. It was inefficient compared to a real healer, but I was all we had.

Just be careful with your DOTS... you'll steal aggro from the bard and pet in a heartbeat.
Old 07-15-2011, 02:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Hey Guys,

My brother and I have a 12 Necro and 9 Bard. Blackburrow XP has really slowed down, and we're looking for somewhere new to hunt.

XP is the most important, but we do need some cash for those expensive Necro spells =P. These are first run characters, so after purchasing half of my lvl 12 spells, we now have a grand total of 3 plat.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,
-Alex
On a side note, bard/necro combo was the most effective I have ever found in pvp.

Try Lavastorm, Kurn's Tower, or Najena.
Closed Thread