Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 05-04-2012, 10:49 PM
Banned

Default Blazing Bracer of Fennin Ro does not shoot a Bolt

Bolts take time to travel to the target. Blazing Bracer is currently no-LOS needed, instant-hit. It was a Bolt type spell in Live.
Old 05-05-2012, 11:31 AM
Sarnak

I think this is a problem with all Wizard bolt spells. They are basically direct damage instead of bolt.
Old 08-16-2012, 06:03 AM
Fire Giant

Bumping this. Blazing Bracer of Fenin Ro clicker, as with all wizard bolts, do not behave like bolts, intead they are just a 300 range instant nuke. Mage bolts (a much more significant spell line gameplay-wise) were patched some time ago to act mostly like classic bolts (though they still can't be blocked by geometry and don't have the right projectile graphics AFAIK).

A couple of the below posts indicate that once a wizard bolt is in the air the caster can cast another spell without interfering with the bolt already en-route, including having multiple bolts in the air at once. I specifically recall using this tactic as a mage in Kunark/Velious eras; I would bolt from max range, then again before the first bolt landed, and then run away from the mob during recast delays and keep nuking to kill the mob before it ever reached me.

From Allakhazam on 12/6/00:
Quote:
If my memory still serves correctly, my lil wizzy was here from 16-20 hunting EEs..it was GREAT xp!! The wizards get a bolt spell at 16, which has EXTREMELY long range, so.. you go to the EE place, and back yourself up all the way back against the wall. Watch out for wandering minos/mud ppl, and cast your bolt spell. Cast one after another, and finish off with your regular shock. The beauty of this is that your 1st bolt will hit the EE and at that instant, the 2nd will already be on its way. You should be able to fire 3 bolts before he/she/it comes within charming range of you. usually 3 hits is enough to kill the EE, and after that, you just blast the crap outa his weak pet (2shots maybe??), and go back and med. PBB is great loot, and ive obtained quiet a few while i was there.. anyhow, hope that helps for fellow wizzies..
From Allakhazam on 4/11/01:
Quote:
The trick for solo Wizards in this zone is to stay as close to the border as much as possible. Take a peek. Pull with your Fire Bolt and run. Don't wait and watch to make sure the Bolt will hit, it will, just run and watch your text box. Stay no more than 10 steps away from zoning out. Then root as it approaches. If the mob has more health than you have manna.. Zone out unless you have him down to the runner phase and can proceed to beat him with your stick.
From the Station board on 10/7/2004:
Quote:
Once you hit 8, you get Fire Bolt. This is where you start mini kiting for a few levels. Now, this isn't real kiting, but it's kinda like it, it's more a rootnuke with a kite feel to it.

Fire Bolt has a really long range. If you can pick up an Extended range item, a mob will never touch you.

What you do is go to the limits of the spell (cast from a really far place away and nudge in till your in range, after awhile you'll get the feel for the range.) and cast it. The mob will not be hit right away like your other spells. This spell travels to the mob then hits them. While the spell is traveling, your gems will refresh. If the bolt hasn't hit the mob yet, go ahead and cast it again. This way, you've basically hit the mob twice before he knows your there. As soon as the first one hits he'll begin running at you. Your gems will refresh, start spamming root till the mob gets in range and it casts. As soon as it's rooted, run to your distance again, and caste fire bolt till it breaks root or dies. If it breaks, reroot and run to distance again.
This post from P99 server chat discusses wizard bolts and how they should behave like mage bolts, though it lacks actual evidence. Other posts on P99 discussing mage bolts cover proper bolt behavior, but I won't both linking them since the case could be made that mage bolts are inherently different from Wizard bolts...

Myuharin <Force of Will> & Myuharin the Revenant
Quote:
Originally Posted by azeth View Post
6 hybrids in one group.. i believe you may actually LOSE experience per kill.
Last edited by uygi; 08-17-2012 at 04:19 AM.. Reason: Bolded relevant text
Old 08-16-2012, 09:31 AM
Planar Protector

Projectile travel time in general does not work on P99, and I can't find any information about why. I assume there's some kind of implementation problem or something they broke when patching things to classic.
Old 08-17-2012, 12:58 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by fadetree [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Projectile travel time in general does not work on P99, and I can't find any information about why. I assume there's some kind of implementation problem or something they broke when patching things to classic.
It would be nice to see them properly classic, but I imagine you're right that the issue is probably technical or would take too much work that would be better spent elsewhere. I would be content with wizard bolts behaving the same as mage bolts. Bolts being truly classic would make mages one helluva lot better in PvP. I played mage on Sullon Zek and if you snuck up on somebody you could bolt at max range, run forward to largely catch up with the bolt and loose another so they'd hit near simultaneously.

Quote:
Old 08-26-2012, 04:11 AM
Fire Giant

Bump with random archival post I found.

From Fire bolt and Sr. Apprentice Robe question:
Quote:
I'm still a newbie Wizard in EQ but if you want my opinion get the
Robe. The bolt spells annoy the hell out of me, most of the time I
don't even hit!
Indicates that wizard bolts were actual bolts, just like mage bolts.

Quote:
Old 08-26-2012, 02:01 PM
Banned

Classic wizard confirming.
Old 09-04-2012, 10:52 PM
Fire Giant

Bump because this really should go in with hidepull nerf to maintain balance.

Quote:
Old 09-13-2012, 05:11 AM
Fire Giant

Weekly bump?

Quote:
Old 09-18-2012, 01:40 PM
Fire Giant

Desperate bump for patch tonight, also because there's no disagreement or debate to keep the thread bumped on its own...

Quote: