Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-13-2013, 02:35 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Good one [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]...

Srsly though, these R99 adverts are funny... how else do you advertise a flatlining server? "I own ALL the plat on my server, come be a peasant in my world and get assraped by my well geared alts"
I love how morons still think red is "flatlining".
Old 02-13-2013, 07:47 AM
Fire Giant

I honestly don't think Velious is going to change a whole lot in the raid scene. It might open up a few more previously inaccessible epics via the planar revamps. But with the mass amount of characters/accounts in circulation on this server I believe that there will just be an increase of raid guilds (TMO/FE/whatever raid guild is around with Velious) is camped out with alts on other raid mobs and just wipe out the scene as it currently is being done.

That being said, Velious does open more 'casual' stuff like Kael arena farming, coldain shawl/ring quests, and probably other content.

What is your suggestion to variance then? As much as I hate it there is probably no way to solve everyone's problems, everyone will have something to bitch and moan about.

Edit: I actually do like variance, but NOT this variance. If I remember my experiences from live the spawn windows were much smaller and also encouraged other time zone players, that it was possible to keep raid mobs in EU/AU spawn times for a few pops before the windows pushed back in to regular NA times. This servers raid scene does encourage zerg guilds and guilds with 40-50+ on call at any given moment.
Valkommen Farval - 57 Epic Human Preserver
Eddey Lizzard - 53 Iksar Champion
Wiliamm Wallace - 49 Epic Barbarian Rogue
Shaman Epic Faction Service
<Europa>
Last edited by Boilon; 02-13-2013 at 08:12 AM..
Old 02-13-2013, 08:09 AM
Kobold

No variance at all? Like the Efreetis in skyplane? No thank you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ci5r6_la5xo
<Divinity>
Old 02-13-2013, 09:23 AM
Planar Protector

Ain't going to happen. And TMO will rule Velious just like it does now. Get used to it or join TMO.
Old 02-13-2013, 11:09 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by webrunner5 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ain't going to happen. And TMO will rule Velious just like it does now. Get used to it or join TMO.
...and making a second blue server isn't going to make TMO vanish either, people seem to be holding out on that.
Old 02-13-2013, 01:04 PM
Planar Protector

So having been to a trakanon sock recently (only to train them!) I will say that Rogean is right that variance is an improvement over no variance. WITH variance there were 150 people socking Trakanon; without there would be 500. Daldoma's theory is that with 500 eventually people would agree to a rotation; I don't know.

I think simultaneous repops is the real answer.
in words of anal fingers, just a filthy spaniard
Old 02-13-2013, 01:31 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Versus

1) Read Loraen's post above ref. variance.
2) How much are you paying to play on Rogean's server?
3) See server population

Kolored on Red.

Old 02-13-2013, 02:42 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splorf22 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So having been to a trakanon sock recently (only to train them!) I will say that Rogean is right that variance is an improvement over no variance. WITH variance there were 150 people socking Trakanon; without there would be 500. Daldoma's theory is that with 500 eventually people would agree to a rotation; I don't know.

I think simultaneous repops is the real answer.
Yes and no.

The only reason why there's that many socking there is because there's no other monster to contest.

No variance WITH simul repop will basically recreate repop day on every spawn, add an FTE shout to avoid low number sniping and that's a pretty good start.

You won't have 500 sitting on Trak spawn if at the same time you have VS, All of VP, CT, Inny, Nobles and the rest repopping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
3) See server population
It's not because there's a lot of people playing that we shouldn't work on improving the server. We've been blessed with a nice influx of player, let's work on some player retention rather than bury our heads in the sand pointing at numbers like there's no chance it will ever crash again.

I know that Velious would solve a lot of things, as in TMO/FE/BDA would move to higher targets leaving the Kunark scraps to lower guilds, I understand your point and agree to it on some level, but it's not coming for a little bit still, why not try to work with what we have right now rather than blame the hand that feeds us for free (for the non paypal donators out there).
Last edited by happyhappy; 02-13-2013 at 03:05 PM.. Reason: Answering Phisting in an edit to avoid doublepost
Old 02-13-2013, 03:01 PM
Banned

The way it is now: Trackers get 90% of targets. Customized raid target rules = 1 guild getting everything.
The way it would be with FTE Shout/No Variance: No more tracking. Classic EQ.

The way it is now: poopsocking late in window for hours.
The way it would be with FTE Shout/No Variance: showing up to raid for 10 minutes, and rushing for targets on repop days.

I really don't understand you guys sometimes.
Old 02-13-2013, 03:12 PM
Planar Protector

Come to red we have no variance.
Closed Thread