Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-13-2013, 03:26 PM
Banned

Non-classic feature, remove it. Raid mobs commonly spawn during normal business hours or 4-5am etc. Huge burn out factor for sane people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graahle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I love how morons still think red is "flatlining".
Bard friend and I came back butt ass naked, geared up like bosses in 2-3 weeks.

It's certainly not a server for people who like to AFK for 3 hours outside of cities, fall asleep in their chair, not check /who regularly, try to breastfeed 2 children while playing or cannot survive without kunark weapons sold for pennies and free buffs/binds all day in EC tunnel.
Last edited by Nirgon; 02-13-2013 at 03:29 PM..
Old 02-13-2013, 03:36 PM
Kobold

So when we're talking about things like the streaky RNG, broken helmet hiding, disabled compass, etc the developers are all... "this server is a recreation of live in 1999, no we wont change it even though it would be tons more comfortable"

Then when discussing things that relate to end-game the stance suddenly takes a 180???

Seems really sketchy. It kinda makes the crazy TMO/RMT/corruption/etc conspiracies seem maybe not so crazy...
Old 02-13-2013, 03:41 PM
Planar Protector

take away variance

allow training and xp = loot.
Old 02-13-2013, 03:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisteso [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So when we're talking about things like the streaky RNG, broken helmet hiding, disabled compass, etc the developers are all... "this server is a recreation of live in 1999, no we wont change it even though it would be tons more comfortable"

Then when discussing things that relate to end-game the stance suddenly takes a 180???

Seems really sketchy. It kinda makes the crazy TMO/RMT/corruption/etc conspiracies seem maybe not so crazy...
And we begin to see why many people leave after a short time of this.
Last edited by Slave; 02-13-2013 at 04:12 PM..
Old 02-13-2013, 04:21 PM
Sarnak

I'm sure that accusing the hand that feeds you free entertainment will lead to something good in your future, I can't see any reason why it would ever end up making them care less about your opinion and desires.
Old 02-13-2013, 04:35 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyhappy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm sure that accusing the hand that feeds you free entertainment will lead to something good in your future, I can't see any reason why it would ever end up making them care less about your opinion and desires.
Does P99 offer people something pretty cool for free? Yes, on that part you are right.

Did I ask for it to be free? No, and I don't mind the idea of paying for it. Many people donate, instead.

Also, P99 isn't valuable simply because someone provided it, pays for it, and maintains it. It is valuable because of the community that exists upon it. Sure, the GMs and guides do a nearly thankless job that we all greatly appreciate, but the value of P99 comes from everyone, not just the staff.

I imagine lots of people just want the server to last and for everyone to be happy. That doesn't mean we're "biting" the hand that feeds us.

Though I'm more likely to just leave the community rather than battle the staff, when that time comes that it matters more to me.
Old 02-13-2013, 05:21 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Versus

Even if they did full repops with no variance, mobs would still get shitsocked. Besides the first few kills, say VS/Trak + Inny/Sev everything else would fall in the same order it was killed, so you will have time to move between targets and poopsock them.

This is a dead fucking horse. I thought we agreed upon simulated repops and shortening the variance windows? Pending update. Still waiting patiently.

Kolored on Red.

Old 02-13-2013, 05:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Even if they did full repops with no variance, mobs would still get shitsocked. Besides the first few kills, say VS/Trak + Inny/Sev everything else would fall in the same order it was killed, so you will have time to move between targets and poopsock them.

This is a dead fucking horse. I thought we agreed upon simulated repops and shortening the variance windows? Pending update. Still waiting patiently.
1. Yes, this is Classic. 2. It completely circumvents the Tracking dominance of the server which is a wholly artificial construct specific to P99. 3. Additionally, it would massively reduce the time spent socking for any mob. Which one of these three things are you against, and why? Never mind, just saw your guild tag.
Old 02-13-2013, 06:02 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yup, would still be socking, would just be spread around 12 targets rather than one.

I fail to see how that can possibly be worse than how it is right now.
Old 02-13-2013, 08:17 PM
Kobold

I know it isn't classic but I can't help but point out the most obvious solution, stop allowing players to track raid/epic mobs, except in cases where it's necessary. It's not "fair" for a guild to have one Druid in PoH spam tracking and then when a mob pops, the entire guild overtakes the plane and BAM - mob down.
Closed Thread