Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 05-30-2019, 01:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradsamma [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No, but you'll get tons of DC and lifetap interrupts which are a major pain. Will it cause you to die? Probably not but it will slow you down a bit.
That is a valid reason to pick Ogre. It might not save your life often/ever, but the racial can make a big difference in fun factor for folks who get annoyed at being bashed. I don't care overmuch if I have to re-cast a spell now and then, so the Ogre isn't a big deal to me, but I know a few guys who see red when they get bashed and can hardly tolerate playing a non-Ogre melee. In that case, each to his own.

Been a month, wonder if the original poster might pop in with a status update. SK is a popular alt class, but few of them make it past the middle levels as players realize it's a class that requires a lot of investment to get the most out of it.

Danth
Old 06-02-2019, 04:52 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That is a valid reason to pick Ogre. It might not save your life often/ever, but the racial can make a big difference in fun factor for folks who get annoyed at being bashed. I don't care overmuch if I have to re-cast a spell now and then, so the Ogre isn't a big deal to me, but I know a few guys who see red when they get bashed and can hardly tolerate playing a non-Ogre melee. In that case, each to his own.

Been a month, wonder if the original poster might pop in with a status update. SK is a popular alt class, but few of them make it past the middle levels as players realize it's a class that requires a lot of investment to get the most out of it.

Danth
Sure - fair for an Update!

Cruising along at level 23. It is my "alt" so have been spending lots of time on my Enchanter (level 45 now) and using Mirellee as a break / change of pace. I actually ground out Ak'Anon faction so I could buy Necro spells from there (wasn't hard, levelled at the mino 4 camp at zone line) but now over in Lake of Ill Omen. I was able to kit out myself with many things my Enchanter was able to farm (hero bracers, etc.) but I did spend a chunk to get a Velium Axe of Venomous Brood (I think?) that procs the 85 point DD. That's been a nice addition overall.

It's fun enough - I prefer small groups to soloing but able to solo when need be, at a pretty easy pace. Enjoying the class for sure. For some reason really excited for 30, and Feign Death. For some reason that feels like it will be a difference maker. (For what, I don't know - heh!)
Closed Thread