Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-06-2020, 07:24 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by beh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey, quick update from the comfort of my living room couch!!!

It's been approximately EIGHTY (80) HOURS and I've moved up from #100 to #49. Three days down, hopefully only 3 more to go!!!!!!

Yeah!!! This is the classic experience I long for!
I know this is sarcasm, but it really is! Bumonrug and I were 13 when we camped it. Prepped for a weekend full of it. Waited and waited to get it. Camped it in shifts at my computer taking 2 hour breaks we always failed to sleep for. Once we got camp, continued to kill PHs for 2 days until a GM showed up, confirmed it was broken, reset. We got booted, got back in, someone else killed and got ring. I was so delirious from sleep deprivation I was asking my family what reagent you need to levitate in real life stating EQ requires bat wings, but thats just ridiculous. Woulda loved a centralized list back then we coulda checked to know when we were coming up and be in position.
Old 08-06-2020, 08:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coridan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just as a quest design the JBoots quest is fucking dumb. It should have been something more like Staff of the Wheel, going to all the outdoor zones and finding items or something. The EQ2 JBoots quest is actually really good but probably not something you can implement in 99 and would be trivialized by bards anyway lol.
Honestly, having the ph be any seafury cyclops on a bigger island is such a better system

See you guys on aradune : )
Old 08-06-2020, 10:01 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsham [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Honestly, having the ph be any seafury cyclops on a bigger island is such a better system

See you guys on aradune : )
Already there pal!
Old 08-07-2020, 02:25 PM
Aviak

72 hour lockout on re-adding yourself to the list after getting an AC Ring?

Decent compromise to thwart mindless farming and unclog the list a little bit?
Old 08-07-2020, 08:26 PM
Banned

Yea like all the people on that list arent boxing or have no other chars
Old 08-08-2020, 02:15 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by beh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey, quick update from the comfort of my living room couch!!!

It's been approximately EIGHTY (80) HOURS and I've moved up from #100 to #49. Three days down, hopefully only 3 more to go!!!!!!

Yeah!!! This is the classic experience I long for!
I don't like it either, but I know from doing a lot of other camps that if there wasn't a list then one guild would seize control of the camp and no one else would ever get access to it without GM intervention.

Really are better off just buying the MQ, dawg.
Old 08-08-2020, 02:16 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsham [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yea like all the people on that list arent boxing or have no other chars
I would be very curious to see how many people on the list are from the same account. And honestly, is that really a crime? I guess it really depends whether or not the person is selling the MQ, but by putting multiple characters on the list, you increase your odds of being online when one of them gets called exponentially. You would actually be gimping yourself by not doing this, and it would be hard to blame someone for doing it.
Old 08-08-2020, 03:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecondoJoe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would be very curious to see how many people on the list are from the same account. And honestly, is that really a crime? I guess it really depends whether or not the person is selling the MQ, but by putting multiple characters on the list, you increase your odds of being online when one of them gets called exponentially. You would actually be gimping yourself by not doing this, and it would be hard to blame someone for doing it.
Yeah but boxing is gay and not allowed here. The ultimate self-gimp is getting banned. Also you can't play two characters from the same account even if you are boxing, I'm sure you know this recondojoe
Old 08-08-2020, 03:42 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
72 hour lockout on re-adding yourself to the list after getting an AC Ring?

Decent compromise to thwart mindless farming and unclog the list a little bit?
I'd say a 1-week lock out seems fair.

Who needs more than 1 JBoots a week?

I'm half tempted to build a web app the manage this thing, since the google doc seems to be getting somewhat abused.
Old 08-08-2020, 03:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keebz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Who needs more than 1 JBoots a week?
I'm sure there is a cheeto creature obese enough to require such a goal

Jboots create the illusion of not only moving, but moving faster!
Closed Thread