Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 05-12-2019, 12:41 PM
Fire Giant

Default Staff of Battle Upgrade

My warrior is starting to get high level and I want to move on to a bigger and better 2hander. I have a reasonable amount of plat to spend but I don't really know what is out there besides the 30k Narandi Lance. What are some of the popular options beyond the Staff of Battle?
Old 05-12-2019, 01:07 PM
Planar Protector

Piercing caps at a lower skill. Less hits, less max hits and less 'super damage'.
Old 05-12-2019, 02:20 PM
Aviak

Reaver - Non-magic, make sure you know what you're getting into before you buy this.

Exquisite Velium Claidhmore - Also comes in battle axe flavor, and there are worse versions with worse ratios that are cheaper.

Argent Protector - New in Chardok patch. Worse ratio than exquisite for more plat with some mostly irrelevant stats.

Herbalist's Spade - New in Chardok patch. Cool proc, great ratio, crazy price.

Those are the only droppable options besides Narandi's Lance that are better than Staff of Battle. If you're gonna buy one, I'd recommend an exquisite (or lesser version).

Before you buy anything you should consider why you're upgrading your 2hander. If you just want a sweet 2hander, then go for it. If you're expecting to tank with a 2hander, it's not gonna happen - get 1handers with procs.

If you're looking to maximize your dps in a situation where you're not tanking (group with 2 tanks or a raid situation), that's fine, but it's gonna be pretty marginal compared to the overall dps of the group/raid. Cool if you have the plat to burn, but far from necessary. You might also consider going to PoM and getting a Blam Stick and another non-proc 1h for your OH. Not sure how the math works out on that vs 2handers, I'll leave that to someone else to figure out.

If you're planning on soloing 50+ on a warrior, you'll want Truncheon of Doom, probably 2 Blood Points and Silken Whip of Ensnaring. Doubt you'll have much use for another 2hander.
Old 05-12-2019, 03:28 PM
Planar Protector

If 55+ the Narandi is pretty ace even with a lower piercing cap.
Old 05-12-2019, 04:47 PM
Planar Protector

Or I could try reading...[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Reaver and SoB would be a nice fairly affordable combo. 1/1 ratio is hard to beat.
Old 05-12-2019, 06:07 PM
Fire Giant

Yeah, since I won't be main tanking for a while I am looking for a better 2hander when I am on raids, whenever I join a guild. So pretty much I am looking at the lance or exquisite velium 2handers? I notice the exquisite velium 2hander is 32/36 as opposed to the 31/36 for the staff of battle. Is that a really big difference, worth the 6k price tag?
Old 05-12-2019, 06:19 PM
Fire Giant

Basically I am looking to increase my DPS so if there is a better 1h combo than 2hander, I would also be interested to know that.
Old 05-13-2019, 11:05 AM
Banned

I don't really know if these are options for you, or if people like them or not.. I have used both the polished and toned down worn version of-
https://wiki.project1999.com/Polishe...60din_Naginata

I've really enjoyed this weapon. First off, looks amazing.. And the stats seem good to me haha! Prices still sway all over the place on these since it's a new chardok item. but i've seen the polished be sold as cheap as 5k, and the worn under 2k!
Old 05-13-2019, 03:10 PM
Planar Protector

I'm not sure what 1h dps droppable weapon combo a warrior would have to be using to out-damage a Reaver (assuming its a target you can hit). I expect a Zek blade/Priceless (or similar) would outshine it but frankly not sure. After the 2h upgrade patch, whenever that happens, it's only gonna get better.

It all comes down to cost vs performance. Staff of battle 400p, reaver about 12p, some crazy 1h combo 50k+. Regardless of your 1h combo I would always have a 2h in the bag even if its like an Oggok Cleaver. Jousting is a lost art.
Old 05-14-2019, 07:13 AM
Planar Protector

I Bet you could buy loot rights to the dain or KT axe for not super bad.
Closed Thread