Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-23-2020, 10:15 AM
Sarnak

Default WL Geonid resists

I started killing 'nids in WL with my 52 shaman, and man are they resistant bastards

Even after Malosi landed, I've had up to 5 resists in a row with Plague/ Ebolt, with Plague being resisted so often I don' T even bother trying to cast it on them any more. Magic lands every time though, never had a resist with slow, root or CoS

Wondered for a sec if they were belly casters, but they don't seem to be. I only read in the wiki they were very fire resistant

Anyone else been experiencing that?
Old 07-23-2020, 11:09 AM
Sarnak

Hit them with insidious decay after malo, and then plague / epic / JBB is my suggestion.
Old 07-23-2020, 12:24 PM
Sarnak

could also be that they've been buffed by the shaman that are around - i don't know if those cast resist magic or not. Could be worth trying to pull with dispel, though.
Old 07-23-2020, 01:27 PM
Planar Protector

You're fighting a creature made of rock.

I don't remember if it's both poison and disease but hey have really high DR/PR.
You're better off not casting any disease spells on them.

Magic is their lowest resist.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 08-04-2020, 02:42 PM
Kobold

I charmed them as a bard. They would resist charm maybe once every 20.

Then I'd dot them with fire, cold and magic. The magic would resist once every 3, or once every 2. The others would resist once every 5.

This was about 1.5y ago. Was lvl 59.
Old 08-04-2020, 03:46 PM
Planar Protector

No, Geonids are not belly casters. Yes, Geonids are highly resistant to Poison (probably because rocks don't have veins hehe). That logic doesn't seem to apply for Disease spells, which have a much greater chance of landing. Use Insidious Decay to lower Disease resistance, and use Disease DoTs. Since you are level 52, you can use Plague and Scourge stacked simultaneously if you want to kill them faster with two DoTs. If you have Epic and JBB, those will work wonders as well.

You should also use your pet. The pet has pretty good DPS if you haste it with your haste line of spells (do not use Spirit Quickening, it is crap). You just need to remember to slow the Geonids as well, so they don't eat your pet. They hit pretty hard.
Old 08-05-2020, 04:03 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No, Geonids are not belly casters. Yes, Geonids are highly resistant to Poison (probably because rocks don't have veins hehe). That logic doesn't seem to apply for Disease spells, which have a much greater chance of landing. Use Insidious Decay to lower Disease resistance, and use Disease DoTs. Since you are level 52, you can use Plague and Scourge stacked simultaneously if you want to kill them faster with two DoTs. If you have Epic and JBB, those will work wonders as well.

You should also use your pet. The pet has pretty good DPS if you haste it with your haste line of spells (do not use Spirit Quickening, it is crap). You just need to remember to slow the Geonids as well, so they don't eat your pet. They hit pretty hard.
Now this is weird. Unless they've been changed in some way, they seem to be ultra resistant if not almost immune to Disease.

Well as far as logic is concerned, we're talking about moving rocks, dragons, giants, demons, mushroom men, elves etc, so why not get a rock sick to death? 🤔😁

I'm 54 w epic, but in my recent experience I've never managed to land a single Plague on any of them, even after Malosini. I guess I'll have to find a copy of Insidious Malady then as some of you suggested

Poison lands between 60-75% of the time, magic (epic & slow) lands every time, so does Cold, but my Cold DD are not as mana efficient as Dots

Thanks for the feedback guys
Old 08-05-2020, 11:59 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaarsuvius [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Now this is weird. Unless they've been changed in some way, they seem to be ultra resistant if not almost immune to Disease.

Well as far as logic is concerned, we're talking about moving rocks, dragons, giants, demons, mushroom men, elves etc, so why not get a rock sick to death? 🤔😁

I'm 54 w epic, but in my recent experience I've never managed to land a single Plague on any of them, even after Malosini. I guess I'll have to find a copy of Insidious Malady then as some of you suggested

Poison lands between 60-75% of the time, magic (epic & slow) lands every time, so does Cold, but my Cold DD are not as mana efficient as Dots

Thanks for the feedback guys
I did a bit of testing, since I haven't done Geonids in a while.

This is obviously a small sample size, so take it with somewhat of a grain of salt.

I cast my low level poision/disease spells over and over (without Malo/Insidious Decay), to see how often they got resisted:

Tainted Breath Cast 33
Tainted Breath Resist 11

Sicken Cast 33
Sicken Resist 7

This could obviously just be RNG, so I can't say for 100% certain. The reason why your poison spells are landing more after Malosini is because Malosini does NOT reduce disease resistance. That is why your disease spells are probably getting resisted more. That is why you need Insidious Decay, since that is a Shaman's disease resistance debuff.

If I remember correctly, when I fought WL Geonids, I did end up using poison more than disease. This was simply because I was too lazy to cast Insidious Decay and Malosini. Also, Insidious Decay reduces disease resistance less than Malosini, so Malosini could offset the slight difference in poison and disease resistances on Geonids anyway, if there is an offset.

I would advise getting Insidious Decay, and seeing roughly how often disease and poison get resisted. If Disease only gets resisted marginally less than poison, just stick to poison, since you don't need to mesmerize an additional spell (Insidious Decay). If you are seeing considerably more disease spells landing compared to poison spells after Insidious Decay, use disease instead.
Old 08-05-2020, 01:48 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I did a bit of testing, since I haven't done Geonids in a while.

This is obviously a small sample size, so take it with somewhat of a grain of salt.

I cast my low level poision/disease spells over and over (without Malo/Insidious Decay), to see how often they got resisted:

Tainted Breath Cast 33
Tainted Breath Resist 11

Sicken Cast 33
Sicken Resist 7

This could obviously just be RNG, so I can't say for 100% certain. The reason why your poison spells are landing more after Malosini is because Malosini does NOT reduce disease resistance. That is why your disease spells are probably getting resisted more. That is why you need Insidious Decay, since that is a Shaman's disease resistance debuff.

If I remember correctly, when I fought WL Geonids, I did end up using poison more than disease. This was simply because I was too lazy to cast Insidious Decay and Malosini. Also, Insidious Decay reduces disease resistance less than Malosini, so Malosini could offset the slight difference in poison and disease resistances on Geonids anyway, if there is an offset.

I would advise getting Insidious Decay, and seeing roughly how often disease and poison get resisted. If Disease only gets resisted marginally less than poison, just stick to poison, since you don't need to mesmerize an additional spell (Insidious Decay). If you are seeing considerably more disease spells landing compared to poison spells after Insidious Decay, use disease instead.
You're absolutely right. For some reason I'd always assumed Malosini would affect all resists. Why would Disease be shunned like like ? Go figure.
I just got a copy of ID, I'll give it a go shortly.

I often use Plague + spear clicky since it's the DoT with the best dpm ratio atm if I'm not mistaken, except on nids where I tend to EBolt -> Enstill -> Clicky.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg holy-shit-batman.jpg (38.2 KB, 180 views)
Old 08-06-2020, 12:31 AM
Planar Protector

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaarsuvius [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're absolutely right. For some reason I'd always assumed Malosini would affect all resists. Why would Disease be shunned like like ? Go figure.
I just got a copy of ID, I'll give it a go shortly.

I often use Plague + spear clicky since it's the DoT with the best dpm ratio atm if I'm not mistaken, except on nids where I tend to EBolt -> Enstill -> Clicky.
You are correct, the Disease line of spells is normally preferred over the poision spells. Overall, Disease spells seem to get resisted less, they have better DPM, and they give you more time between casts to refresh your HP and Mana. On top of that, if you accidentally cast them on yourself, you don't die as fast hehe.

I personally Malo (if needed), Slow, /pet attack, Root, Epic Clicky, then do your disease/poison dot (whichever one ends up landing more from your testing).

I always prefer to do Epic Clicky before my spell dot, so i can cast Epic again sooner.

Pet is good DPS, and you should still end up doing more damage than the pet via your dots, so the pet doesn't eat some of the experience. Just remember to pull the pet away or move in to tank if it is getting low on health.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 08-06-2020 at 12:41 AM..
Closed Thread