Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-30-2011, 04:36 PM
Banned

Default Because Rogean just made my day.

Seems like we get nothing but shit threads in here, so I was cruising the P99 PvE forums to see what was going on (didnt want to log on, ppl might not be online, yada yada)... Found this on the front page. Might have already been posted in these forums, been semi busy so slacking on my board warrior'ing. Anyway, I thought this was a nice positive to toss on here since we could all use some good news.

Much Kudos to a legit PvE and coming PvP server~

Aug 27, 2011 - 4:41 PM - by Rogean
During the server reset today we are applying a long list of Account Suspensions.

Two weeks ago, we implemented a new detection for people using illegal third party programs to gain an advantage over the game and other players. After two weeks, saying the results are disappointing would be an understatement. Never before have I been so ashamed at the number of people blatantly disregarding rules they are well aware were being violated. We take our rules against using these programs very seriously, and we have banned many accounts over the life of this server.. enough to think it would have sent a message to everyone that we do not tolerate this behavior. Apparently, people think they can find ways around previous detection methods and feel comfortable that we will not find out. We are not Sony, we do not sit back and simply say oh well we can't prove they aren't using it. We will always be coming up with new ways to discover those using these programs, and not one person is safe to assume they will get away with it. If you play on Project 1999 (including upcoming PvP), you will abide by these rules or not play at all.

365 accounts are being suspended... that's only over the course of two weeks.

Typically this type of violation results in a permanent ban. While we are furious that this many people chose to think we aren't serious about our rules, we also aren't willing to simply throw away that many accounts. This is a one time leniency to the punishment of this offense. In addition to being suspended, however, the following will also be imposed on every character on those accounts:
The character's total experience will be reduced by a percentage equal to their level. Meaning a level 60 will lose 60% of their total experience worth. (This would result in a de-level to level 54 and 1/4.)
The character will be stripped of all coin.

As usual these players can post in the petition forum with their questions, but the discipline decision is final (we are already showing leniency). All future violations will continue to be permanent bans. Please remember to post your account name when making a petition forum post.

We discussed these decisions in length between the senior staff of the server, and much harsher options were considered, including actions taken against guilds that had many of these accounts in them (even to the point of being disbanded). We have decided not to take action against the guilds, even also taking into account that several of the raid guilds (you know who you are) are causing a headache for the staff right now by acting like complete children. That stops now. Talk to each other, come to an understanding, and work together. We do not care about who got away with what in the past due to a have a lack of evidence to do something. All guilds get a clean slate, and the penalties for training, kiting raid mobs, and other rule violations are about to get a whole lot stricter. Do not be the first guild that we use to send a message. This is the only warning.

Edit: Derp, put PvE and PvE server at top in bold, instead of PvE and PvP.
Last edited by Envious; 08-30-2011 at 05:23 PM..
Old 08-30-2011, 04:39 PM
Planar Protector

never heard of this

elaborate
Old 08-30-2011, 04:44 PM
Banned

That is the best place to post this considering it has the most effect on our live server.
Old 08-30-2011, 04:54 PM
Fire Giant

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

No.... way...
Old 08-30-2011, 04:57 PM
Sarnak

3 day old news like this needs its own thread. I am surprised no one mentioned this.
Old 08-30-2011, 05:04 PM
Fire Giant

Ironic envious would post this considering he sent most of fish bait the MQ build they used when he was an officer of the guild as lachius.

EZ anon not so EZ.
Old 08-30-2011, 05:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lethdar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ironic envious would post this considering he sent most of fish bait the MQ build they used when he was an officer of the guild as lachius.

EZ anon not so EZ.
Swing and a miss... Salty proliferated that. As I am sure you know. I didnt know about it or get it emailed to me until maybe 2 weeks before I handed my accounts off to the other officers (you included? Which still boggles my mind you would keep my PW for a year+ just to jack a manastone? El oh el).

And this has a big impact on the PvP server, shows that they are at least active in trying to prevent hacking / cheating (which is the #1 issue for a pvp server, not PnP or LnS).
Old 08-30-2011, 05:30 PM
Fire Giant

Yeah, because I was ever tagged as fishbait? Rofles.

Keep on ackin' away and trying to hide your identity palski. I'm sure you'll be mass emailing whatever mindless zerg guild you're a part of whatever you have left that works once r99 is running.
Old 08-30-2011, 05:42 PM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-30-2011, 06:06 PM
Kobold

Quote:
I handed my accounts off to the other officers
Bandius / Durin?
#1 pal of the year
King Smedy
Closed Thread