Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-04-2016, 01:06 AM
Aviak

Default Cultural trade skills.

Do you have to de a dwarf to make dwarf cultural armor?
Old 05-04-2016, 03:14 AM
Kobold

yes
Old 05-04-2016, 03:34 AM
Fire Giant

I thought you just had to use the dorf cultural forge.
Old 05-04-2016, 03:52 AM
Planar Protector

To use the dwarf c-forge, yeah. Other than that, look at human c-forge recps, which covers all races I think (requires human smith too). It's a huge list. So no, a human can make the armor, or a version of it, from their own forges.
Last edited by Daywolf; 05-04-2016 at 03:54 AM..
Old 05-04-2016, 10:38 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

It's a shame; it kind of seems like cultural tradeskills (like most of them) are kind of worthless. Can be pretty expensive to get up the skill needed to make them; by the time you can, no one is interested in the items, as it's easier and cheaper to buy farmed loot that has better stats. Also, you have worship the "right" deity for your race in order to make use of the Imbued versions. Too bad for me...I am a wood elf who chose not to worship Tunare; I left EQ before cultural tradeskills & didn't really know. This is one of those things it seems like EQ eventually "fixed" - making cultural separate from religion, where classic isn't necessarily better.
Old 05-04-2016, 10:40 AM
Planar Protector

Cultural armor was a way bigger thing when it was "broken", didn't need the high end gems to make pieces and statistically the gear was often better than its planar equivalents for certain slots.

My dark elf cleric still has a set from early Kunark, love it, would never sell it.
Old 05-04-2016, 10:41 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calthaer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's a shame; it kind of seems like cultural tradeskills (like most of them) are kind of worthless. Can be pretty expensive to get up the skill needed to make them; by the time you can, no one is interested in the items, as it's easier and cheaper to buy farmed loot that has better stats. Also, you have worship the "right" deity for your race in order to make use of the Imbued versions. Too bad for me...I am a wood elf who chose not to worship Tunare; I left EQ before cultural tradeskills & didn't really know. This is one of those things it seems like EQ eventually "fixed" - making cultural separate from religion, where classic isn't necessarily better.
It's definitely cheaper to find a smith and have them make the pieces you want. But it's nigh impossible to resell, and the time spent camping random temper ingredients could farm you enough plat elsewhere to just buy the set or other similar armor. I leveled up smithing for cultural armor but turns out nobody ever buys the dang stuff even though it has solid stats.
Old 05-04-2016, 10:59 AM
Orc

One of the reasons I have my Halfling Rogue's follow Brell rather than Bristlebane or Other, is back on live I had a gnome rogue follow Brell, and I used my Dwarf Warrior to make my rogue a full set of http://wiki.project1999.com/Imbued_D...(Brell_Serilis)

All that extra STR and STA helped my rogue a ton in the Kunark era, even into Velious.

It was a pain to make, since my smith was a warrior I had to find a Brell following cleric to imbue the gems.
Old 05-04-2016, 11:09 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapiron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I had to find a Brell following cleric to imbue the gems.
Do you know what year you had to do this?

My live cleric's got a couple of imbue spells for deities other than her own, so I'm curious about when the deity restrictions were implemented.

Retouched all faces for the EQClassicHD Texture Pack
Retired from p99
Old 05-04-2016, 11:12 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Do you know what year you had to do this?

My live cleric's got a couple of imbue spells for deities other than her own, so I'm curious about when the deity restrictions were implemented.
I can't remember for certain, I played live off and on since the first year it was released to earlier this year, and the years just blurred together.

I want to say it was maybe PoP that broke the restriction.