Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 10-27-2009, 01:47 AM
Large Bat

I witnessed the fight between Gaberer and Villert, and can only agree that if this were live, he would've stomped that pet into the ground with his current gear. The issue needs to be looked at in general terms as well, since very, very green mobs hit my druid with a nearly 100% hit rate and I've got my defense up to 100 or so at level 25, with a dodge of 75 and an AC of 316, which is low, but shouldn't warrant a level 10 mob hitting me for maximum damage upwards of 20 times in a row.
Old 10-27-2009, 04:54 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenowin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I witnessed the fight between Gaberer and Villert, and can only agree that if this were live, he would've stomped that pet into the ground with his current gear. The issue needs to be looked at in general terms as well, since very, very green mobs hit my druid with a nearly 100% hit rate and I've got my defense up to 100 or so at level 25, with a dodge of 75 and an AC of 316, which is low, but shouldn't warrant a level 10 mob hitting me for maximum damage upwards of 20 times in a row.
Mage/Necro pets *seriously* owned warriors in classic all the time in duels. That was always a very loud complaint.....am I the only one who remembers people crying about that? Thats a large part of the reason necro pets got nerfed down a lot.

From a balance standpoint, I don't agree with this. From a historical standpoint however....this sounds right.

The problem isn't with pets, its with the mob accuracy being sky high.
Old 10-27-2009, 05:55 AM
Sarnak

I played a dwarf warrior in classic and could never kill necro pets. Mage fire pets I could never get below 80%. This is classic. A well geared warrior in classic could not kill a hill giant until 47 or 48 and it was still close.
Old 10-27-2009, 09:44 AM
Aviak

Except - Villert is a monk, not a warrior :-p

I remember dueling and destroying necro pets and most mage pets using a combination of ID, bandaging and mend.

I do agree with the warrior history vs pets though - as unfair as that was.
Last edited by Villert; 10-27-2009 at 10:01 AM..
Old 10-27-2009, 11:01 AM
Fire Giant

Send a message via MSN to Jify

Ya, it's not so much AC as it seems to be hit rate. I remember green/blues missing a LOT more than they do now. Meleeing an even con mob seems nearly identical to fighting a blue, or even a yellow, other than the amount of max hits. With my low lvl alt in full banded, mobs tend to hit lower damage more often, but rarely, if ever, miss (even greens).
Old 10-27-2009, 01:27 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Aye I have to agree with mob hit rates, im standing at - lvl 22 ( warrior ) with 516 ac and im hit all the time. Its insanely frustrating
Old 10-27-2009, 02:14 PM
Developer

Making the server "classic" does not mean making it "suck" for certain classes like it did back in 1999. It currently sucks for melee classes. If you really want it to be like EQ was in 1999, then get out the nerf bat, and make it equally suck for everyone. Afterall, that is why VI is still around. Oh wait, no they aren't.

Haynar
Old 10-27-2009, 02:57 PM
Fire Giant

I'm tired of casters just chalking every melee balance issue up as a Classic issue. There is a difference between underpowered and broken. Melee are broken at the moment and this needs a serious fix asap. This SEVERELY hurts classes that use avoidance (monks) to be able to tank a mob for longer than 5 seconds without dying.

Mobs hit rate is way too high. I remember back when mobs used to miss 5-8 times in a row as well, now its just us.

Mugatoo <Center For Ants>
45 Iksar Monk

"You can all go to hell, I'm going to Texas."
Old 11-04-2009, 11:27 PM
Developer

Some of my observations so far.

Bash / Kick of mobs have a reuse time for mobs of 5 seconds. This seems to be working exactly like this, because it is almost clockwork, that a bash or kick (from warrior like mob) occurs every 5 seconds. The normal EMU code puts kick about 75% of time, and it seems to work just like that here.

What I saw in the EMU code, was that haste, appears to be applied to the special class attacks (combat) reuse timers for mobs and players. I do not remember haste ever affecting these on live. Refresh time for skills based attacks such as kick and bash were fixed for the most part. I am not totally positive on this. I think the slow (negative haste) causing refreshes to slow, might be the case. But I am 99.9% positive that positive haste by spells and items, never lowered refresh times on skills such as bash for players.

When testing bash refresh times on my SK, I saw that it had a refresh time of 10 seconds, and not the 5 seconds as seen by mobs. Also I was at 100 percent endurance when this was happening, not encumbered, no haste, nothing. But my refresh for bash was double what mobs appeared to be seeing.

Hope this info helps with combat issues.

Haynar
Old 11-05-2009, 01:06 AM
Orc

Haste and Slow spells both affected special abilities for PCs, that much I do know.
Closed Thread